Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamkellij
Level 7

YouTube Won’t Load

Hey everyone. So last night my roku wouldn’t load YouTube for me. However the during the day it was fine. I’m still having this issue as of now. I’ve already followed other forums on there and removed the app from my home screen, restarted my roku tv, and even checked for updates. And nothing helps. My internet connection is fine. And all my other apps like Philo, Netflix, Hulu, and spirit all work just fine. There’s no error message or anything. I click on the YouTube channel app and it acts like it’s going to load then takes me back to the home screen.  And it’s the normal YouTube app. Not YouTube tv. I have a Hisense Roku TV. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube Won’t Load

@iamkellij 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Umcapt79
Level 7

I have the same issue but with YouTube TV on my hisense tv. It has never loaded. I get an hour glass followed by a black screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for reaching us, @Umcapt79.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues:

1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks, 

Mary

0 Kudos