For some time now, I am not able to play YouTube videos on any of my Roku players. Whenever i play a video, I see a message saying "The video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account."
Here are some details:
1) This is not adult content, these are just regular videos my kids are trying to watch.
2) I am signed into my youtube account within Roku Youtube channel.
3) I have removed and re-added the youtube channel.
4) I have tried all of our family's youtube logins and none will work.
5) I have this problem on both my Roku LT and XD
6) They all have the latest firmware
7) The "Restricted" setting is not selected within the Youtube channel.
8-) Videos played at one time, but several months ago stopped playing
Has anyone seen this problem? I have searched the forums but could not find a similar issue mentioned.
Do you use a "safe search" service or does your router have parental controls activated ?Do you have programs on your computer such as "windows family safety" ,"safety net " or like these. I saw this some time ago ... user was in the UK and they had to first enable the parental controls on the router then remove them ...
Post back with details about your router,ISP and any programs you may have installed
Per the Community Guidelines: Discussions regarding any usage of VPNs to circumvent established regional broadcast rules or limitations are not allowed in the Community. Any topic or comment posted regarding the use of a VPN, or any circumvention of applicable limitations, will be removed at Roku's discretion.