Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV

Jump to solution

I've been using Youtube TV on my Roku for months now it won't work. I have 2 Roku's it is still working on one of them, but not the other. Please help.

Kurt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@khafeken wrote:

I've been using Youtube TV on my Roku for months now it won't work. I have 2 Roku's it is still working on one of them, but not the other. Please help.

Kurt

What is the Roku model and model number for the Roku on which YouTube TV doesn't work?

YOUTUBE TV SUPPORTED ROKU MODELS
(Current as of July 26, 2020. See source listed below for any updates)

All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x)

Notes for members using a Roku:
If you run into an HDCP error on your Roku player, turn on the HDMI Ultra HD Color setting on your TV.
If you experience choppy playback on your Roku device, turn off HDR on your "Display type" settings on Roku. Go to Settings and then Display type and then choose 4K 30Hz TV, 4K 60Hz TV, or 4K HDR 60Hz.

(Source: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?visit_id=1-636403200064571702-3219702076&p=suppo...)

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick + and can’t find YouTube TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@Enor wrote:

I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick + and can’t find YouTube TV.

YouTube TV is compatible with the Streaming Stick +.

Where are you located?  Per this google support page, "YouTube TV is available throughout the United States".  No other country is mentioned.

Roku units work anywhere in the world where they can get a broadband internet connection, independent of where they are purchased. The individual channels, however can only operate where their charters and program rights and licensing issues permit them to operate.

To receive the channels on your Roku that are authorized for your current location these must all agree:
- The country of the IP used when creating your Roku account. If you've moved from the country in which you created your account, you may need to create a new one in your present location, then link your Roku to the new account.
- The country of the IP used for your current Roku session.
- The countries in which each channel app operates.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, so I checked settings and I have the Roku3600x so I should see YouTubeTV icon on screen. I checked my account and it shows YouTubeTV as installed. What gives?

0 Kudos