Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV

Jump to solution

I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick + and can’t find YouTube TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@Enor wrote:

I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick + and can’t find YouTube TV.

YouTube TV is compatible with the Streaming Stick +.

Where are you located?  Per this google support page, "YouTube TV is available throughout the United States".  No other country is mentioned.

Roku units work anywhere in the world where they can get a broadband internet connection, independent of where they are purchased. The individual channels, however can only operate where their charters and program rights and licensing issues permit them to operate.

To receive the channels on your Roku that are authorized for your current location these must all agree:
- The country of the IP used when creating your Roku account. If you've moved from the country in which you created your account, you may need to create a new one in your present location, then link your Roku to the new account.
- The country of the IP used for your current Roku session.
- The countries in which each channel app operates.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, so I checked settings and I have the Roku3600x so I should see YouTubeTV icon on screen. I checked my account and it shows YouTubeTV as installed. What gives?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Desif16 

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  YouTube TV, YouTube, and Google Play will not load or play on my Roku Stick 3600x or Premier + devices.   YouTube TV bombs out to Roku home screen; YouTube gives a weird error screen with "no internet connection" message; and Google Play loads but when selecting any movie I own or previews app displays "no valid bitrates (Error Code: 5)" 

All above apps work fine on Android tablet and Chrome browser on Windows 10.  Also, Netflix, Prime Video, HBO also fine on Roku. I have Verizon FiOS, 2.4 and 5.0 wireless and hardwired LAN to Roku Premier +.  No problem with internet connection or speed with multiple computers and iPhone and Android devices all working fine.

I am not aware of anything changing on my network since I 'cut the cable' a couple of years ago. Google apps just stopped working about a month ago.  I have deleted and reinstalled, and even a factory reset on the Roku device, but the problem persists.

Google has been no help, they just keep apologizing and say they are looking into it.  

Not sure what to do anymore. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

4200x roku3 stopped working today with just the youtube tv streaming option

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Stopped working sometime October 7 2020 only on 4200x roku 3 device

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Likewise here (NY in US)

Same as all the others so please don't bother with the "pat" roku support drivel about
"the most likely reason is your device isn't compatible......"

It WORKED for years and NOTHING HAS CHANGED on my end EXCEPT that as of last night ROKU STOPPED working with YouTubeTV.

I have been through EVERY recommended "fix" even tried a second roku3 I had been using on another tv and no longer need - EXACT SAME RESULtS

Every other channel works just fine and YTTV works just fine on my other TV so it's not my internet, wifi, HDMI or any of the other "busy work" suggestions.

Oh and btw - if you are facing a similar situation and plan on calling ROKU for their "we never charge for phone support"
Save your dime - nobody's home.
8 months in and they can't figure out how to provide remote phone support and keep their employees safe.

Even GROCERY STORES have managed to do it by now.

You oughta be ashamed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's an issue at Google youtube tv. Talked with a technician. Multiple issues reported and the pat answer of "there is a technician working on it and will send an email with status"

0 Kudos