Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackfocus58
Level 8

Re: Youtube TV Contract Dispute

Roku also removed the Spectrum app. Found that shortly signing up for Spectrum TV.  I'm watching it with a Chromecast device, but it sucks. Mostly been watching You tube and most likely will terminate Spectrum as don't want to use a box. I'll never buy a Roku TV again and may sell the ones I have and get a difference brand,

jgraver
Level 8

Re: ROKU Removing YouTubeTV

Agree -100% - Will drop Roku and there are lots of other people I know will drop Roku and people will buy not new Rokus.   Seems like if they drop Youtube TV then a class action is in order or Roku needs to refund everyone who bought their device because it supported Youtube TV.  I know a lot of people who only bought Roku because they supported Youtube TV.  Many smart TVs now include YouTube TV so Roku is becoming less of a need going forward so the last they need is half of their user base to abandom them.  Youtube TV creates a LOT of new customers for Roku - very short sighted to not renew their contract. 

dwilli
Level 7

The way I've read it you will NOT lose YTTV on any current Roku device. Only new Rokus will not have the YTTV app or if you delete it you won't be able to get it back. 

Also, I assume you can get YTTV on an Amazon firestick?

JimZZ
Level 7

I purchased 3 Roku TVs because they work well with YouTubeTV. Don't screw your customers.  

DEH
Level 7

YouTube TV app

Please tell me just exactly what YouTube TV is doing that will impact me so negatively. I am an adult, and I don't think Roku needs to fight for me. If I don't like what YTTV is doing, I will cancel them and subscribe to some other live tv app. Problem is, YTTV offers me the best selection of channels. Please don't screw this up Roku ...

Roger821
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV app

I hear not to delete the YouTube App because a new one can't be installed. That won't make a difference. Periodically they check and I have to re-enter my subscription. If YOUTUBE TV is not in the drop-down list I can't connect. It doesn't matter which app I use.

0 Kudos
rm5867
Level 7

I have 4 ROKU devices and use UTUBE tv as a replacement of cable or Directv; I want a simple way of using streaming.  Resolve the issues

0 Kudos
jkov
Level 7

Roku better wise up!  I and many others will drop Roku if they drop Youtube TV.

Iamhives
Level 8

Re: ROKU Removing YouTubeTV

Tempted to drop Roku now (and sell my 5 devices before others do) because Roku is using us customers as hostages. If they drop YoutubeTV (although I'm sure they will say it's Google fault) I will definitely drop Roku. Too many choices to put up with things like this.

Isn't the whole point of Roku to allow customers choice of content?  So much for that. 

Televisiontime
Level 7

I have purchased 4 Roku televisions in addition to the 4 Roku sticks that I purchased just to be able to view YouTube TV.  I certainly hope this does not happen and if so I will obviously keep my loyalty to Youtube TV.