Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janedoeWalks
Level 8

Re: YYtv has a boatload of Devs

Yes! Lol I just saw an article about this. Roku is foolish. They're just a streaming device company.

I had no idea they had it out with the other companies as well, though I am not at all surprised.

They're so foolish.

janedoeWalks
Level 8

Re: Threat to Remove Youtube TV

Lol ok, bootlicker. The company owes us more than their stockholders. Without a consumer base they are nothing. You sound like a shill account for Roku.

KJSS
Level 10

CaptGrumpy
Level 11

@janedoeWalks wrote:

Lol ok, bootlicker. The company owes us more than their stockholders. Without a consumer base they are nothing. You sound like a shill account for Roku.

Actually, you are wrong. The are legally obligated to see to their stockholders first. They've invested in the company and they get first cut. It's called fiduciary duty is an obligation to act in the best interest of another party. In this case, it's their investors, or stockholders.

Sepitchk
Level 7

Re: YouTube tv not working can’t delete due to channel not being available anymore

That also didn’t work 

0 Kudos
Couventine
Level 7

I bought Roku as a hardware device to stream my chosen services. I do not need Roku to fight my battle. If I’m not happy with a streaming service, I will cancel it myself. I don’t need Roku to be my gateway. If Roku does not support YouTubeTV, I will return the 2 new Roku sticks that I just bought, as well as remove the Roku Ultra that I had for the last 18 months.

Chromecast, here I come!

CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Ultimate workaround

Looks like Google has given us the ultimate workaround. Regular YouTube got an update. On the selection Pamela on the left, all the way at the bottom, below settings is a new selection : go to YouTube TV

Iamhives
Level 8

Sign me up for free Chromcast devices from Google!  Google has enough small change down the back of the couch to put Roku out of business.

If Roku is trying to be the content police they will lose me. I paid money for a Roku because I wanted a content neutral device. If they aren't that anymore then I have no use for them. While I'm unwilling to pay for a content provider specific device I'm OK if the device is provided for free. 

Joemn
Level 8

Roku's argument about Google anti-competitive practices falls apart when viewed in context with Roku's heavy handed shakedowns of ALL apps when they come up for renewal.  It is Roku who is acting in anti-competitive manner;  Hey, I'm the big guy on the block, you play by my rules or you don't play period.  Witness Spectrum, still locked out.

Roku had a similar dispute last January with AT&T over its AT&T TV app, removing it from the Channel Store, but allowing current users to keep it in their menus. The carriage fight was settled later in the year and AT&T TV is back in the Channel Store.

And Roku is now engaged in a more heavily-publicized scrap with AT&T over its HBO Max app. The streaming device has yet to carry it due to differences over fees and advertising/marketing issues.

Roku has signaled in the last year or so that it plans to push for greater compensation and control when it comes to adding high-profile apps. The company is arguably the nation’s leading maker of streaming devices with its products in roughly 40 million homes.