Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please keep YouTube TV; this is my most used streaming channel.

Have you considered contacting Google about them keeping their app on Roku?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
tmk5219
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Contract Dispute

So, I think your speaking for me. I was heading out this weekend to pick up devices for my camper. I just read this and lunch and came to a hault.

Krysk24
Level 7

Re: Roku and YouTubrTv

Ditto. I ONLY got my Roku because of YouTube TV as I moved away from Dish. This is NUTS. I would hate to stop praising Roku and Google because of this. So crazy, PLEASE do what is necessary to keep it. I love Roku, but will move away if it's not kept. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube TV cancelling service on Roku

@GeoWatch wrote:

I feel that if this happens Roku canceling YouTubeTV app and I will be unable to watch on my rokus i will sell them off and go back to the firestick, shame on you roku, you reap billions of dollars because we like your product, but dropping YoutubeTV on us cable cutters is a stab in the heart.

We the consumer made your product popular and we can make it unpopular just as quick.

Upset User of 3 Roku Devices

Geowatch

@Honeybun wrote:

I am interested in youtube. Do not cancel on Roku

Have either one of you considered telling Google to keep their app on Roku?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
TLM1
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

I received an email from Youtube TV indicating that negotiations have stalled.  It's up to Roku whether or not they will get rid of the app.

g1
Level 8

Re: Roku and YouTubrTv

Totally Agree - getting tired to have to do this all the time. ROKU like the device HATE all this BS about ROKU attempting to make more money off what I want to watch. Keep YoutubeTV app active. Really gets to be a Pain in the "neck" trying to save money and not get stuck with **bleep** I do not want to watch.  

Keep the YoutubeTV app - ROKU and YOUTUBE TV are both already making a great deal of money on your USERS and it is ALWAYS the USERS that get screwed because companies are always trying to make a few cents more off the end users... 

Mes_dUp
Level 7

If Roku does not allow the youtube tv app to be on their service, BYE ROKU!  

And don't give me that 'there are plenty other streaming services'....yes there are and they are much more expensive, offer less, and or not what I want....I've tried quite a few.

THINK LONG AND HARD ROKU

Carazzo
Level 7

You Tube TV

I have 3 devices that we use in my household and I am a little disappointed with the news I am hearing about cancelling  YouTubeTv’s streaming ability.   Please do not allow this to happen as I will be forced to use something else besides Roku.  I do like your platform but you will leave me no choice along with thousands of others to use Amazon, or Apple or Chrome.   

chrblack
Level 9

It's Roku that wants to renegotiate the deal. YouTube TV wants it to stay the same.

IceMom
Level 9

I am so upset by this!!! I have 7 devices and YouTube is the only network streaming service I can use. Hulu scammed me for 2 years and kept charging under fictitious names until both myself and credit card company threatened to sue. I cannot go back to them. I have zero other options. I will have to sell all my Roku devices and buy different ones. I have no idea what to do about this. I am sooooooo angry. And can you call Roku? No. Of course not. Take your money and screw you over!

Believe me, I will be urging everyone on Facebook and Twitter to abandon Roku. This is not acceptable. You buy your devices with the assumption major streaming services will work on them.