Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krth101
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

Will ROKU be providing updates on negotiations? Or will we be caught flat footed with little notice about needing to change TV providers?

nywolf
Level 7

I remember the good old days when TV was FREE!!   May just go out and buy and antenna to get

local channels and be done with it all.

barryc123
Level 8

Re: Google eliminating U-tube from Roku?

If YouTube TV gets eliminated from Roku, unfortunately I will have to leave Roku. It doesn't really matter whose fault it is. I'd rather stay on Roku though...so please do what you need to do to solve this issue. (and don't just blame Google)

Trudijane
Level 9

@barryc123 wrote:

If YouTube TV gets eliminated from Roku, unfortunately I will have to leave Roku. It doesn't really matter whose fault it is. I'd rather stay on Roku though...so please do what you need to do to solve this issue. (and don't just blame Google)

I agree with you totally.  I don't want to leave 'Roku' as it is all I know as far as setup - IF they eliminate YouTube TV - I will have to leave Roku as well.  I just need a solution - not somebody to blame.

My problem is setup.  I don't know what to switch to or how to switch it.  As far as I know, I have a little Roku box attached to my Sony TV (My TV tech friend set it up).  I would not know what or HOW to replace it.  Can anybody shed light on that?  Thank you.

KJSS
Level 10

It was free.  But it was also boring.  Only 10 channels.  Only so many shows to watch. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

This is You tube tv which costs $65 a month that's being possibly dropped, not the Youtube channel which is free. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
chiefk19
Level 7

I would hate to leave Roku but i may not have a choice if they cant resolve this.  There are plenty of other options like Amazon Firestick, Chromecast, or go back to cable.  Roku, please resolve this issue.

hgludwig
Level 7

I agree, Roku needs to think about how many of us have invested in multiple Roku devices in order to watch Youtube TV in our homes.  If I now have to buy an Amazon or Apple device to continue watching Youtube TV, I will never purchase a Roku device again.  Roku needs to realize this is a great way to anger their customers.

Bman2006
Level 7

No youtube tv no roku tv ever

Will never buy roku tv ever. There not easy to set up and love my YouTube tv. Set one up for KY neighbor and he didn't have an email or internet and u couldn't even use it.  Worthless

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Agreed.  However if one must chromecast google tv dongle is only 50 bucks.