Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Goodbye Roku

What model # and firmware version are your Rokus?

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MattG1979
Level 7

Model #3900X. Not sure on firmware, but it says software version 10.0 build 4195-51

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Have you tried removing the YouTube (not the YT TV app) app, restarting your Roku, and reinstalling the YT app?

If youre sure you did all the other steps I listed since I posted them to you (your account was just created an hour or two ago), you should message @RokuDanny-R  for further assistance.

StreamerUser

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@StreamerUser wrote:

@MattG1979 wrote:

I appreciate the effort but I tried all of those and nothing worked.  Every other app (Netflix, Prime, ESPN, etc) all work just fine.  It's only YouTube tv and regular YouTube that are not working. 

You factory reset your Roku Expresses?

Keep in mind that a factory reset, much like reformatting a hard drive non a computer cannot be undone.  You will lose your account on your Roku and you'll have to reestablish your account and your payment info. If you do a factory reset, proceed with caution! 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@C_I wrote:

Keep in mind that a factory reset, much like reformatting a hard drive non a computer cannot be undone.  You will lose your account on your Roku and you'll have to reestablish your account and your payment info. 

Performing a factory reset does nothing to your Roku user account. The Roku device will need to be linked again to the existing Roku user account, and any channels that require authentication will need that info re-entered into that device. But your user account and payment information is still intact. Any channel already loaded into the user account will be installed back onto the Roku device after linking it to the user account. 

Dan

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@atc98092 wrote:

@C_I wrote:

Keep in mind that a factory reset, much like reformatting a hard drive non a computer cannot be undone.  You will lose your account on your Roku and you'll have to reestablish your account and your payment info. 

Performing a factory reset does nothing to your Roku user account. The Roku device will need to be linked again to the existing Roku user account, and any channels that require authentication will need that info re-entered into that device. But your user account and payment information is still intact. Any channel already loaded into the user account will be installed back onto the Roku device after linking it to the user account. 

And how do you know that? Have you ever done a factory reset? If you go to advanced system settings>factory reset, it will display a numerical keyboard and a code, and it says to "please enter this code to reset everything to original factory settings and remove all accounts. "

0 Kudos
sabrin514
Level 9

What that means is that it removes all accounts on the DEVICE. It does not mean that you "Lose your Roku account". I have personally used factory reset on Roku devices to remove all of my account information so that I could give them away when I upgraded to newer model. You are still able to login to your Roku account online and it is still on all of your other devices.

Please stop being ignorant while acting condescending to people that obviously understand how this works better than you apparently do.

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@sabrin514 wrote:

What that means is that it removes all accounts on the DEVICE. 

Yes, and with that, you have reinstall all your channels as those would also be deleted from the device. I never once said doing a factory reset removes all accounts , even those online. Yes, you can still get on your Roku account here, on roku.com and you can view the channels you had before you did the factory reset which still exists online.  But on the device, you have to reestablish your account and any accounts associated with the device. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

If you factory reset a Roku, everything on the device itself is reset to factory default. Nothing in the user account is touched. You do not have to "reestablish" your user account. You simply link the Roku back to your existing user account and all channels linked to that account are automatically installed. Any channels that require user authentication do require that information to be entered again. 

Yes, I have performed a device factory reset. I do understand what happens and what does not.

Dan

0 Kudos
raithvwc
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

@JAT60 

Exactly.  I find myself in the same boat.  I prefer roku and have purchased/recommended them over others for years, but I will not put up with the "It is for our customers" line.  I purchase roku for the ease of use over other platforms and want to know that after I buy one I can watch what I want or at least those channels/apps that are main stream.  Roku and Google can argue all they want but it shouldn't infringe on my choices while you are fighting.

0 Kudos