Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carol964
Level 7

You Tube TV very upset Ian not get You Tube TV. Just bought 2 Rokus and unable to get You Tube TV.

Very upset I can not get You Tube TV on the 2 new Roku’s I just purchased.  When will it come back.  It can’t happen fast enough.  I am ready to go to streaming and loved You Tube and Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: You Tube TV very upset Ian not get You Tube TV. Just bought 2 Rokus and unable to get You Tub...

Hi @Carol964,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We encourage you to contact Google and urge them to reach an agreement to continue offering YouTube TV on Roku and to follow standard industry practices, pledging not to require access to sensitive search data or to manipulate search results.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Update on YouTube TV channel on Roku | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
RDFL
Level 7

YouTube TV

Roku advises Google plans to take YouTubeTV off the Roku menu.  Is there another comparable live TV streaming service available on Roku?  My Roku devices work great and I really don't want to get more involved with Google or Amazon.

0 Kudos
Carol964
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

Please get You Tube TV back immediately.  I just bought 2 Roku streamer sticks  and don’t want to return them but I can’t get You Tube TV and I love it. 

Carol964
Level 7

They have shut it a

off for any new subscribers or if it is deleted it can not be restored. 

0 Kudos
Carol964
Level 7

Re: PSA Youtube TV - Google is to blame, not Roku

I agree, get You Tube back or I am returning my Roku stick and buying a Firestick. 

DBDukes
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV

Sling TV.

Fubo.

Philo.

Vidgo.

Hulu Plus Live TV.

AT&T TV.

There are many. To me the question is: do you ned a live streaming service? What do you want to watch live, vs what you would be okay watching hours later, much like a DVR?

If live is what you want, look into those services.

If you have some specific "must have" channels, you can go to https://suppose.tv and use that to figure out what your options are. There are other Websites that offer comparisons, as well as articles about options. Here's one: https://thestreamable.com/news/canceling-youtube-tv-after-losing-roku-support-6-best-alternatives-to...

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Lwright
Level 7

Re: PSA Youtube TV - Google is to blame, not Roku

I posted under the topic "Google is to blame, not Roku" and that was wrong, I didn't intend to 'blame' anyone. I'll never understand what drives the prices up, streaming channels started out with good pricing but caught up with cable pretty quickly.
Not sure how it is we are on different pages, I simply was informing what Google said about the topic. Didn't intend to get anyone's ire up about the TVs or technology.

0 Kudos
DaisyMae69
Level 7

Only want Roku to know my opinion as a consumer since there is no other way to speak with some directly (which is concerning - not customer friendly).  I love my Roku.  But, I also love my Youtube TV.  It took a lot to get my family to agree to cut the cord and drop ATT U-Verse.  ATT TV+ is much more expensive than Youtube TV and does not offer near as many perks.  YouTube TV is a great value and with the addition of Philo it is still cheaper than ATT TV and we get everything we need and want and more.  I will be writing Google as well.  Both companies are behemoths in the industry.  The bickering and power struggle fight is damaging to both companies and only serves to help other TV streaming services  and TV service providers like Sling TV or Philo an opportunity to grow and become stronger competition so you are both only hurting yourselves.  Figure it out please.  The Voice of the Customer is what should matter most to both companies and if you are not providing the content or the flexibility, it is definitely not what I want and am more than willing to go try something different in what is a rapidly changing and booming industry.  The companies that end up on top in the long run will be the ones that listen to their consumers and understand that short term profit is not king, it is the long term sustainable profits that matter and you all aren't going be profitable in the long term if you keep this up.  

loufuddrucker3
Level 9

I use hulu no commercials, added disneyplus/ESPN combo, hbo, cinemax,Cinemax,, Starz, and peacock separately.  Plus I use free channels Pluto. Plex, youtube, crackle..free movies on vudu. So that should be enough. Right?

0 Kudos