Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deac73
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV

No UTUBE TV access, no Roku devices in our home.

0 Kudos
dawnsutter08091
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV Contract Dispute

I totally agree!  I plan on doing the same thing!

dawnsutter08091
Level 7

We plan on doing the same thing!

sabrin514
Level 9

I'm about to drop Roku and dump my costly devices in the trash. First the Spectrum TV app stopped working because of "contract disputes" with Roku. Now it's Youtube. Roku, you're going to be a punchline of some joke about failed products of the past pretty soon if you don't shape up! You're killing your own golden goose. You are not the only game in town. Stupidly short-sighted.

rdrosd
Level 7

This is yet another example of how so many companies seem to operate under the motto "How can we possibly off our customers now?".  Everything was working fine, and now these greedy children come along and **bleep** it up.  YouTubeTV rocks.  Roku is dispensible.

StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku and YouTubeTv

@Matth23 wrote:

Is it possible to still sign in and out and switch YouTube TV accounts during this dispute?  I already have the YTTV app, just want to make sure that switching accounts won’t get me locked out.

Yes.

0 Kudos
CF3
Level 7

Re: Roku and YouTubeTv

I received emails from both Roku and YouTube TV.  The email from YTTV stated that they would like to continue their contract with Roku.  If Roku is concerned about Google tracking our data, why not allow the users of Roku decide by opting in or out of Google's tracking via YouTube TV app?  This would be a more universal solution rather than Roku making the decision for everyone.   I have 7 Roku devices and REALLY would like to keep them, but if my only access to local tv through YTTV is cut by Roku, my only option is to chunk my Roku sticks and start all over again with a different streaming device.  

nelsonskip
Level 7

No YouTube TV no Roku. It's that simple.

zebulon98
Level 7

I use my Roku boxes and Roku TV to watch YouTube TV and YouTube videos. I only use other apps about 5% of the time. If you drop the YouTube TV app I will be forced to get rid of my Roku boxes and switch to something else. Please figure out a way to keep the YouTube TV app on Roku, I really don't want to switch devices.

CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

@claybo6 wrote:

@CaptGrumpy @dbiker207 @DBDukes 

How's that island there fellas? 

Pretty **bleep** nice. I'm able to get along with or without YTTV and without raging like a child

0 Kudos