Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F-Wayne
Level 8

YoutubeTV and Roku Having Problems ... Well, I Do Too !!!

I just switched over to ATTTV.com. They also provide Local Stations like YoutubeTV. For $10 extra, I get unlimited DVR Recordings for both shows and movies.  ATTTV also has 3 channel packages/choices to choose from. I can never talk to anyone on the phone at YoutubeTV but I can talk to an ATTTV representative anytime I have any issue.

Personally, I'm not going to miss YoutubeTV with their constantly raising prices for channels that mean nothing to me and every two months, I'm having to prove where I live. Also, YoutubeTV uses your IP Address and constantly thinks I have moved from my area and creating extra pain to my rear-end; and you can't call them; email only ... ATTTV instead uses your billing address for which local stations you receive.

ATTTV is working on my Roku TVs and Roku Boxes.

sjbryant
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Contract Dispute

Heartily agree. If Roku drops Youtube TV my family and I will pick Youtube TV and move to another streaming device. YoutubeTV is where we watch the vast majority of our content now, so for us it will be a no brainer. I would be deeply disappointed in Roku if they are not able to reach an agreement and drop Youtube TV. 

thisislee
Level 7

Don't drop YouTube TV

You already put us through this with HBO Max.  For that I was willing to wait and see.  For YouTube TV, there will be no waiting.  I will leave. I will not come back. 

Halkimbrough
Level 7

Re: Roku and YouTube tv

I’m also very dissatisfied with the dispute with YouTubeTV. I would normally blame Google for foolishness like this, but after the Roku and HBO Max dispute, I am suspicious of both parties. If they can’t work it out, I will get rid of both of them and just watch Hulu on Apple TV.

LPE
Level 7

OK Roku because of you we happily  ‘cut the cord’. This is the 2nd time you’ve held Roku and YouTube TV customers hostage. We own a #TCL Roku tv and 2 Roku streaming sticks. YouTube TV is number 1in our household. Come on please get together… you have our money, isn’t that enough?!???

0 Kudos
danw64
Level 7

I don't quite understand what is going on here. Does this mean we will only be able to watch Youtube TV from a computer or an Android and cast to our TV? If that's the case I will get rid of YouTube TV first before ditch my Roku stick. Originally had Hulu and I hated it and I switched to YouTube TV who was $50 at the time now there up to 70 dollars, screw them.

0 Kudos
dbiker207
Level 9

LPE - Its not about Roku financials. Its about Google demanding to be the only search result via Roku, to further their monopoly on the flow of information. 

https://www.engadget.com/roku-google-youtube-tv-app-preferential-treatment-140612500.html

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

@danw64 wrote:

I don't quite understand what is going on here. Does this mean we will only be able to watch Youtube TV from a computer or an Android and cast to our TV? If that's the case I will get rid of YouTube TV first before ditch my Roku stick. Originally had Hulu and I hated it and I switched to YouTube TV who was $50 at the time now there up to 70 dollars, screw them.

You actually have a lot of options, both in terms of hardware (Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast With Google TV, etc) and services (YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, Fubo, Vidgo, Sling TV, Philo, AT&T TV, etc, ranging from $20 to over $100).

If nothing else, this dispute may lead people to ensure they have, or change to, the best hardware for their needs, and the best service for their needs. 

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
VonD
Level 7

Well, I must have had foresight when I bought an Amazon fire stick just to see the UI difference. I have 3 Roku devices but like you have settled on YouTube TV as my provider. I’ve had Hulu and they kept adding sports channels I didn’t want and raising the rate. Oh well, is anybody interested in a Roku box and two sticks? Looks like I’m buying more Amazon fire sticks or Apple TVif Roku drops YouTube TV.

GuitarMan
Level 10

Re: Potential for Class Action L-Suit for Dropping YouTube TV

I feel the same about them dropping the Spectrum app.