Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drewbab
Level 9

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

I use to have four but I am now down to one.  I have replaced the others with Apple TV's.  After the fiasco with the batteries draining on the Roku devices, I could no longer stay with their products.

Justinng02
Level 7

Youtube TV

Roku, Please pass this on. We use YouTube TV service and have just heard that you are planning to remove this from your platform. If this happens, I will replace all devices in my home with another service that supports YouTube TV as this is what we use. Please do not remove this access from your service. 

TeamJones
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV cancelling service on Roku

This is such a sad thing for our family. Unfortunately, if it comes to term that Roku and YouTube dissolves, I'll be going to get a Chromecast and that will mitigate these problems.

I like the Roku extras, but without our main service, there's no need to keep it around.

AshleyMarie1130
Level 7

I agree! I only use YouTube TV on my Roku and would not want this product if I cannot download the streaming service I want. This is very disappointing and I would not be happy if they take this off of their service. 

srtarx
Level 8

I already switched to Firestick on one of my TVs because Roku dropped access to one of my sports channels.  I understand this time it seems it's less Roku's fault but the end results is the same: another key service I use is being dropped.  Looks like I'll be replacing a few other Roku devices with Firesticks.

bucks
Level 7

Please do not cancel YouTube Tv on Roku. 

0 Kudos
TeamJones
Level 7

I didnt know this. Thats is so upsetting. YouTube TV is therefore doing this to themselves and their customers

DBDukes
Level 17

@srtarx wrote:

I already switched to Firestick on one of my TVs because Roku dropped access to one of my sports channels.  I understand this time it seems it's less Roku's fault but the end results is the same: another key service I use is being dropped.  Looks like I'll be replacing a few other Roku devices with Firesticks.

I am curious. What sports app did Roku drop?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
jbintown
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

I don't care who is wrong. Big companies putting consumers in the middle of business disputes. The whole cable and cord cutting and buying piecemeal to get the same junk is ridiculous. I will dump both Roku and YouTube TV if I can't watch You Tube TV thru Roku.

Maybe its time to go back to antenna TV and DVD's. No fees and no commercials if you tape. 

humbertomoreno
Level 7

Re: Please keep YouTube TV; this is my most used streaming channel.

I heard from them, actually. It's Roku who is trying to kick them out of their platform ($$ issues).

They need to come to some agreement.