Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cthom54
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV takes 8 seconds to change channels

About two weeks ago YouTube TV started to take about 8 seconds to change channels. It’s the same for all channels. Programs play fine, clear and good sound just slow to change channels. All my other apps work fine. 

I’ve been talking to YouTube TV but they have been no help. 

Anyone else having this issue

28 REPLIES 28
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube TV takes 8 seconds to change channels

Hello @Cthom54

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For clarification, are you only experiencing the issue within YouTube TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device? You can try restarting your player from the Settings menu by going to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chrisc151
Channel Surfer

I am experiencing the same issue.  We can’t be alone

Chrisc151
Channel Surfer

Restarting does not change anything.  Issue persists

Cthom54
Reel Rookie

I have received no help from Roku or YouTube TV

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

It's Google's Roku-compatible version of Google's own YouTube TV app.  Google programs and maintains it.  Only they can fix the problems with it.  Roku just provides the platform on which the app runs runs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jockoe
Streaming Star

I've had the same problem since I can remember.  I just re-installed the app now that it's back in the Roku Channel Store.  I restarted the Roku.  Nothing helps.

0 Kudos
Jeepdakota

I have also started to have a long delay while switching channels. Everything works great on my laptop/iPhone, no delays? Just my Samsung TV, was working with no delays prior three months. It appears to be getting worse also? Have tried several suggestions, and none have worked? HELP

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jeepdakota

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
roblove
Channel Surfer

Same problem here... I'm currently auditioning YouTube TV app thru Roku Express 4K+ model 3941X w/ up to date 10.5.0 software version. 7- 8 sec. lag when tv channel switching (screen goes black during the switch). Wi-fi speed test consistently shows 200 Mbps. Start/ restarting, unplugging/ re-connecting doesn't help.

0 Kudos