Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV stopped streaming LIVE Programming

Jump to solution

May be a fluke but our Roku Express 3910-RW will not stream YouTube TV Live. The other parts work fine. Did something just happen with an update to the app or something with the Roku. A message comes up when trying to stream LIVE that it is not connected to the internet. However everything else in the app works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV stopped streaming LIVE Programming

Jump to solution

We had the same problem in Fort Wayne, IN.  I did all the troubleshooting steps to no avail.  I then called YouTube TV.  Before I had someone on the other end of the line, the issue was resolved (I don't know how or why).  The total down time for us was about 20 to 30 minutes.  I hope everyone can enjoy the streaming now.Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We had the same problem in Fort Wayne, IN.  I did all the troubleshooting steps to no avail.  I then called YouTube TV.  Before I had someone on the other end of the line, the issue was resolved (I don't know how or why).  The total down time for us was about 20 to 30 minutes.  I hope everyone can enjoy the streaming now.Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, same here. It started streaming again on its own.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The problem started with my Roku Smart TV last evening also in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I thought I would wait until this morning but the problem persists. I can stream YouTube TV just fine on my iPad, iPhone, desktop app and on the Roku Express which I use for my extra TV. Problem is only on my Roku Smart TV. It has been about 12 hours now and still no resolution. I contacted YouTube TV and they only are communicating via email due to the Coronavirus issue. I understand Rolu is also only communicating via email but I will put in a service ticket next.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also contacted YouTube TV and here is what they suggested:
- Restart your TV.
- Unplug it from the power source and turn it back on after 30 seconds.
I followed these instructions and now the service works. I hope this can help someone else who might experience this same issue.

0 Kudos