Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
packhawk
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV on Roku 3 very buggy

Jump to solution

So I've actually gotten some decent support from YoutubeTV, since Roku has no support. Basically, YoutubeTV doesn't work with older Rokus or newer ones. Really?!! Now what? Their responses are below.

This is Roma with the YouTube TV Team. Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing streaming issue using  your new Roku Express+. Let me help you.

Kindly try these steps as well to fix the issue.
  • Check for any updates on your Roku Express+.
  • Power cycle your modem/router by unplugging it from the power source for 10-15 seconds.

If the issue still persists, kindly help us with these information:

• Open the YouTube TV app.
  • Select your profile picture and then Send feedback.

Also, please send us a feedback using the affected device so we can review it further using your device logs:

• Is the issue happening on all DVR, Live channels or VOD?
  • Send us the screenshot of your speed test result.

Thanks for trying the steps provided and sending the feedback. It appears that you're using Roku Express+ 3931RW. Unfortunately, this is not included on our supported Roku devices. Here's the list of supported Roku Express+:

• Roku Express+ (3710)
  • Roku Express+ (3910)

I know that you'd really like to use the service using your existing Roku devices. However, you'd experience streaming issue on those non-supported devices. You may use one of these Roku Express+ though.

• Roku Express+ (3710)
  • Roku Express+ (3910)

I know that this may not be the answer you'd like to hear. I'd also like you to enjoy watching your favorite shows. It's just that Roku Express+ 3931RW is currently not supported.

jcw062641
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku Players and only hit one button to request home.(or request with voice.."You Tube TV"..goes right to You Tube TV. Sorry cant help.

0 Kudos
benzaken
Level 8

Jump to solution

That's exactly the issue, I had Roku Express devices that I purchased on Walmart.com, and they kept hanging. After contacting Roku they agreed to replace them with Roku Ultra. It seems the older devices are no longer supported by YouTube, but Roku was great in replacing them. The new Ultras work much better, they are much faster and I have not had any issues.

0 Kudos
lipwak
Level 7

Jump to solution

For the past two days it's been back to buggy. Bad delay between pressing buttons and seeing results on-screen.

I'll look into the recent suggestions from YouTube TV.

0 Kudos
Neumonic78
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 2 Ultras. Both do the same thing. After a commercial, it's a black screen. Sometimes for a minute or so, other times I have to exit the app. I tried the uninstall, reboot, reinstall trick. Worked for a few days. Now back to the same thing. I can't see having to exit the app and restart video after each commercial. 

0 Kudos
lipwak
Level 7

Jump to solution

I unplugged it for a few minutes. Now that it's back on, it's behaving... (It still waits for about 10 seconds before it will play audio when you change channels though.)

0 Kudos
DunwoodyGA
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issues here and seems even worse lately.  YouTube tv app freezes upon launch on the main screen and have to hit the Roku Home on the remote to restart app.  Sometimes I have to do this 5 times before I’m able to make a selection in YouTube tv.  After that I often get a black screen when choosing a live tv channel.   These issues happen most often on our Ethernet wired Roku Ultras and less frequently on our Express and TCL Roku Tv which are connected via wifi.   All of our Roku devices are 2 years old or newer.   During these incidents I check my internet speeds which are always strong (~92 mbps) and  test YouTube tv on my iPhone and iPad which always work perfectly.  This is definitely a Roku issue so its time for them to step up and fix it.  

rha298
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm also experiencing freezing issues. No need to explain it again but I will echo the responses to Roku to step up and fix this problem. This is unacceptable and a show stopper for the use of Roku devices.