Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
benzaken
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV on Roku 3 very buggy

Jump to solution

Hey Roku, are you listening??  Get with YouTube and get this fixed!!!!  We should all post this on social media, they need to address this issue!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Greghart42
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been having this same issue on my Roku 3. This issue is new within the past week and never previously experienced issues in the many months I've been using YouTube TV. I also use YouTube TV on my other roku devices (Roku 4, two 32" roku TV's and one 40" roku tv) without any issues. This appears to be unique to only the Roku 3 device. I use this app on a daily basis on all these Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lipwak
Level 7

Jump to solution

For the past two days (nights actually) all has been well. The channel starts up as it should. No bugs using it at all. I checked and it hasn't been updated. I have no idea why it works better now. I just hope it continues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
benzaken
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is still happening to me. I was watching NFL playoffs, switched to another channel during a commercial break, then I had to exit out of YouTube 3 times to try to get back to the game. I just get a blank screen otherwise. It's very frustrating when you want to go to a Live event and you are missing it....

I believe it's the Roku device. I have 3 of them, and my Roku Ultra has no issues. The other 2 are Roku Premiere and they hang constantly.  I am going to contact Roku once again, this time for a refund.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SGiminez
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my 2 Roku Express devices.  HOWEVER, I also have a Roku TCL TV and I DO NOT have that problem with that TV.   It is only with the TVs using the Roku Express.  I just bought a second Roku Express for another TV, last week and I am still having the problem.  Which makes me inclined to think that this is NOT a YouTube TV issue, IT IS A Roku issue. It if were a YouTube TV issue, I would have the same problem on my Roku TV, but I don't - I only have the problem on the TVs with the Roku Express devices.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SSSTAVE
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV on Roku EXPRESS PLUS very buggy

Jump to solution

I have very similar issues with my Roku Express Plus. It started in Fall of 2019 and has honestly only gotten worse. The issues first started with the app playback hanging during Ads and freezing when switching to Live TV. 

Unfortunately, those issues are still present and now 90% of the time when I open my Youtube TV app I have to exit it and restart it for it to even be functional.

I am not sure if this is a device issue considering Youtube probably has many different application builds for all of it's different devices. Roku either needs to get Google on board with updating it's app or Roku needs to take matters into their own hands. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
benzaken
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV on Roku EXPRESS PLUS very buggy

Jump to solution

Exactly what is happening to me. The device is just not powerful enough on startup. I've contacted Roku to  exchange my device for an Ultra. I already have an Ultra in another room and it seems to perform better.

It's definitely the hardware. And while it might be a Google app, I know that YouTube TV works flawlessly on my laptop.  So it's clearly something Roku needs to address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
overeducated
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a new TCL roku tv- I'm in week 1 of You tube tv trial period and I am experiencing the black screen. Mainly on first watch of the day.  I deleted unused channels, as rec by someone but that didn't work. Will try app reinstall/reboot but some have found that not to work. I'm on an Ethernet connection. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
benzaken
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yup, it seems to always be worse on the first watch. Once you've been watching for awhile it does not happen as much. It's especially bad if the program is live, it seems to hang on Live or Start from the Beginning

0 Kudos