Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV not working

I used my Roku Ultra but YouTube TV made me sign in like I never used it before.  OK. Went to URL and entered code. Fine. Then go to YouTube TV app and it will only go so far but can’t select something to play.  Luckily my smart tv has it as well.  Netflix works, Hulu works.  Not YouTube TV

35 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube TV not working

@AgileNTX109 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue on my Roku Ultra. All of a sudden it started last week. I can open YouTube TV app, but when trying to move to select anything it won’t and freezes. All other apps work. I have deleted app and reloaded didn’t fix issue. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MaskedRider 

Thanks for the note.

Please make sure that when you are removing the channel that you make sure to reboot your device before adding it back again once more.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Still freezing, contacted YouTube and they gave same Instructions no fix. Based on what I’ve seen via internet searching this is a common issue that either Roku or YouTube is choosing to ignore 

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue...any update on a fix? It looks like YouTube had an update today and it won’t launch....

Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

Any update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

My Youtube TV keeps freezing after an ad while playing episodes of The Last Alaskan on my Roku Ultra and Roku 3.  Both units do the same thing on multiple TVs - they freeze up, always after an ad during the VOD.

Highlighted
Level 7

Have tried all options above. None are working. YouTube TV launches into a black screen. Have tried deleting, restarting, reinstalling - didn't work. Resetting network settings and deleting other apps to improve Roku performance did not work either.

Highlighted
Level 7

When activating YouTube this morning - a hourglass briefly appeared then went back to Home. Tried several times but still didn't work. Other apps worked fine. I turned TV off, unplugged for 30 seconds, then plugged back in. Fixed the problem. Hope this helps.