Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeinaustin
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV not working

Jump to solution

for me, live channels in youtube tv give a black screen. however, if i stream a live tv channel from my phone to the ultra, that works.  playback of recorded shows work.  don't know if this is a roku bug or a youtube tv bug.

0 Kudos
capenbrinck
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  YouTubeTV is super slow, if it works at all.  Getting a black screen for several minutes before any channel will show video.  This is with a RokuExpress 3930X Version 9.2.1 build 4090-AE.

AgileNTX109
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did the remove and reboot and re-add.  Better but still glitchy.

Current situation. Bring up YouTube TV. Screen paints but does nothing. If I wait for the sound to begin then it operates normally. But sometimes this can take minutes.  The only option is to wait.

0 Kudos
Chickenmama
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing… I have been on the phone with the cable company today and they say it’s not on their end. I emailed youtube TV but their fix was something I’d already done and it didn’t work so now I am very frustrated. My Netflix works fine and all the other channels that come with Roku do as well but YouTube TV is a flop

Chickenmama
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m just curious if you got yours fixed… I’ve been waiting for two weeks and nothing has been done even though YouTube TV says my issue was expedited to their techs.

0 Kudos
AustinMcCann
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I click on the YouTube tv app it just goes black for 10 seconds then a screen pops up that reads “The channel did not launch please try again”. This is happening on both of my Rokus. YouTube tv works on my phone, laptop, and PS4. It just doesn’t work on my Roku. Please help!

Chickenmama
Level 8

Jump to solution

The solution I found is not ideal and it probably will not work for some of you… But I actually ditched the YouTube TV and ended up going with the streaming plan from charter spectrum and now I have no problems. I have to say it was probably to YouTube TV problem because it only happened on YouTube TV and no other apps were affected. The last time I spoke with youtube TV I was told that my problem had been expedited to the engineers however I never heard back from them. Don’t get me wrong I liked it with all its bells and whistle‘s but when you’re paying for something you want to be able to use it.

cr8fusa
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm using the ipad and sending it to chromecast, nothing else works, it's been bad for 10 days, slow fast forward and a lot of freezes.

0 Kudos
babsnige27
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I have uninstalled, rebooted, readded the channel - still no go. Based on the support from Roku, I guess its time to switch to another program.

cr8fusa
Level 9

Jump to solution

For me it worked great 2 weeks ago, I have done the same as you and something happened.

0 Kudos