Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

Will give this a try TarheelBob. I’ll turn on and leave while I take my dog for a walk. Hopefully that’ll do. Wondering if you have to do that each time. Hesitant to get an Amazon device. What if Amazon and Google get into a similar squabble like with Roku? 

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tarheelfob, I have only had to do this once since this morning. Been working nonstop as long as I do not turn off the TV or change to another app. I am using a Roku ultra on this tv. The same thing happened on our Roku tv - after the app froze, it came back on its own about 4 min later. But it sounds like everyone is having slightly different issues. 

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

YES! Must be a bug in the update.

Very difficult to get through to Roku help using both their email and chat customer support portals.

0 Kudos
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

T-Bob, I have a similar setup. Ultra on my main tv. Stick on another one. Haven’t tried it yet but it sounds like it’s still unknown if you have to repeat the process if you turn the device/tv off. Reminds me of waiting for your old CRT tv to warm up! 😂

0 Kudos
poorstream
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seem to be a YOUTUBE TV problem.  It freezes on  ROKU, SONY, LG.  All other streaming (i.e. netflix and Amazon) are streaming fine.

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I experienced similar sluggishness on Netflix and Prime Video too.

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for that post, poorstream. If it is happening on non-Roku systems then it would definitely appear to be a YouTube TV problem. 

0 Kudos
Tony12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This happened upon the Roku OS update. Youtube TV on Roku no longer supported by either company so what makes anyone think it will be fixed?

This is ludicrous. I bought three Rokus so I can mainly watch YouTube TV and some occasional Netflix and Prime, Without YouTube TV the Rokus are worthless.

0 Kudos
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Adding my experience. Roku3 freezes in YTTV app. Mistakenly deleted in trying to reinstall and now going through YT app back-door which also freezes.

Also happens on Toshiba TV which is a Fire platform.

I've done the leave it alone and it comes back trick once on the Toshiba. Other times it has gone to screen saver and if it goes to Roku screen saver (10min) then there is no recovering from that - exit and restart app.

Havent tried it from my Roku2 and RokuUltra but I would assume it is the same.

Other apps have no issues.

And since it is happening on different platforms i would venture a guess that this is an issue with YTTV more than Roku.

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Downdetector.com shows multiple problems with YouTube TV around the country. Numerous Comments over past few days. This sure looks like a YouTube TV/Google problem.