Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

Indeed these were separate issues.  I experienced the YTTV freeze on all my Roku TVs both TCL and Hisense, and also on a old Roku 2.I experienced the problem on the fire platform also, both on my Fire cube and a new stick.  It was. YTTV issue on both Roku and Fire.  Playbacks issues with Disney and HBO also were related to 10.5 from Roku.  As previously said I have and Email from YTTV acknowledging the problem, Another giving me a one month credit, and finally saying they have fixed their issue.  I also got a rollback software notice from Roku to fix the HBO and Disney issues.  Interestingly enough I have not applied the downgrade back to 10.0 because it seems stable for now.  I did update all my apps on Roku.  There were many to update.  I am not a big believer in coincidence but in this case I believe it may have happened or the 10.5 release brought the YTTV problem to the front for many of us subs.

0 Kudos
JOAN3

Jump to solution

AS of today (11/25/21), I am receiving a playback error on local channels only (ABNC, CBS, NBC). Is this related to Roku or Youtube TV? Youtube TV is aware of my location - which is West Palm BeaCH.... TANKS FOR ANY INPUT YOU CN PROVIDE.....

0 Kudos
shoegal92

Jump to solution

Wrong, it is not fixed. It's still freezing and it's not my Internet connection because HBOMax and Netflix don't freeze at all. 

0 Kudos
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@shoegal92 wrote:

Wrong, it is not fixed. It's still freezing and it's not my Internet connection because HBOMax and Netflix don't freeze at all. 

Still working without issue for me.

0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Working for days for me also, no freezing 

0 Kudos
GmaCindy

Jump to solution

I have had my Roku model 4210X for nearly 6 years and have had no problem.  I really watch very little TV, but when I do I just love my Roku.  I tuned in today to find that an update had been installed.  I can now do practically nothing!  I unplugged everything, waited a short while, then plugged everything back in but it did not help at all.  Apparently the update has problems?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GmaCindy 

Some people have reported issues with 10.5, but most people don't have problems with it. I haven't had any issues.

Some who have had issues have reported these may resolve it:

Manually force an update. Keep doing that until no updates happen.

Highlight a problematic app but don't launch it. Instead, press the Options button and pick the Update option for the app.

Apart from that, removing power for several minutes has also resulted in resolution.

Let us know what happens.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes!!! The same thing happened to my Roku TV 8644X.  YouTube TV kept refusing to load even though it was running fine on my Roku Express 3930RW.  I, however, didn’t know there was an issue so I removed the app to reinstall it and it removed YouTube TV from all my Roku accounts.  I am furious!!! I can screen mirror to the TV’s but I can’t use my phone while doing so AND it’s killing my battery.  What up ROKU???

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Teachertammie 

It was in the news several months ago that Roku and Google have a dispute. If you remove the YouTube TV app, you likely won't get it back. So don't do that.

Since you did that, you have another option for watching YouTube TV on Roku. Launch the YouTube app, then scroll down on the left-hand menu to the very bottom link that says "YouTube TV." That will launch YouTube TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
tmills843
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Old issue

These days — you need the YouTube App on your Rocky Devices. Once you have the App, the menu on the left side of the screen has an option at the bottom of the menu to “Watch YouTube TV”. Follow the prompts and sign in using your YouTube TV credentials. 

it’s a real pain, but it’s the option we’re having to live with theses days.

0 Kudos