Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony12
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And to confirm Roku is rolling back the 10.5 update on my Roku Hisense TV.  Going from 10.5 build 4201 to 10.0 build 4209.  I have not yet done the update, nor checked my other Roku devices.  

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks, Danny. I'm also seeing comments that Roku is rolling back the most recent update (10.5) and going back to 10.0. Is that true?

The problem seemed to have been resolved yesterday. Apparently both Roku and YouTubeTV have made some changes. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
TF5083
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's not fixed as of 11/24....

ROKU you need to work with youtube to fix... Many of us will be looking for a replacement.

0 Kudos
Tony12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku, please enable downloading the YouTube TV App in your home screen. The workaround through YouTube is not the answer. You are driving us to purchase Firesticks and Google Chrome with YouTube TV. 

0 Kudos
jerseyjoe
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube Tv channels keep freezing

Jump to solution

Roku must have done a fix.  I've been ok for the last 2 days.  Or maybe my internet speed was throttled down and as refreshed.  Either way I am good for now.

0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube Tv channels keep freezing

Jump to solution

I received an email from YouTube regarding the YouTube TV issue and they have made some changes and believe their issue is resolved.  I also have not had any issues with Roku yesterday or today.  I also did not apply the downgrade they rolled out.  I will need to test it on hbo to make sure those issues are gone.

0 Kudos
JohnTR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny,

I apologize in advance for my direct comments here, but I'm pretty ticked off by this experience.  I had the YouTube TV streaming problem on multiple Roku devices.  It now appears that YouTube (Google) has solved this problem for Roku.  I am overjoyed that this particular issue has been solved, however the process has been fraught with problems, and apparently there are plenty other problems caused by this update. From Roku's position, how was this ever allowed to happen through a system software update that none of us had the ability to reject because of the auto-update feature?  Roku's response time was/is pitiful.  When trying to get service through email, I received an error message.  I was able to get through on chat, and although the rep was helpful in guiding me to get an error ticket (which I did), the promised email address that I was to use to supply device information was never sent. I have used Roku for YEARS, but to hedge my bet, I purchased a new Amazon Firestick for my main TV.  It works as good as my Roku devices and has the additional benefit of giving access to my Prime video account and Alexa.  Additionally, Amazon apparently has figured out how come to an agreement with Google, unlike Roku.  I am surprised and deeply disappointed that we have all had these problems with Roku, and in how Roku responded - never really solving the problems that they created.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we should all be thankful for Google’s (YouTube TV) help on this issue and for having other video-streaming options available!

0 Kudos
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@JohnTR wrote:

Danny,

I apologize in advance for my direct comments here, but I'm pretty ticked off by this experience.  I had the YouTube TV streaming problem on multiple Roku devices.  It now appears that YouTube (Google) has solved this problem for Roku.  I am overjoyed that this particular issue has been solved, however the process has been fraught with problems, and apparently there are plenty other problems caused by this update. From Roku's position, how was this ever allowed to happen through a system software update that none of us had the ability to reject because of the auto-update feature?  Roku's response time was/is pitiful.  When trying to get service through email, I received an error message.  I was able to get through on chat, and although the rep was helpful in guiding me to get an error ticket (which I did), the promised email address that I was to use to supply device information was never sent. I have used Roku for YEARS, but to hedge my bet, I purchased a new Amazon Firestick for my main TV.  It works as good as my Roku devices and has the additional benefit of giving access to my Prime video account and Alexa.  Additionally, Amazon apparently has figured out how come to an agreement with Google, unlike Roku.  I am surprised and deeply disappointed that we have all had these problems with Roku, and in how Roku responded - never really solving the problems that they created.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we should all be thankful for Google’s (YouTube TV) help on this issue and for having other video-streaming options available!

This issue was experienced across platforms OTHER THAN ROKU on YTTV.

Meaning... this was a YTTV issue.

This is why YTTV made the change.

Correlation does NOT equal causation.

0 Kudos
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while this issue was under investigation.

From multiple reports, it appears that Youtube provider has taken ownership of the playback issue on the Youtube TV channel and they have addressed the issue on their side.

We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

No playback issues for me for past 2 days. Watching the Parade today with the kids!

Also for anyone out there, I'm still on 10.5.

0 Kudos