Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJC-CE
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

YouTube TV Freezing up is not a ROKU issue. YouTube TV has frozen up on my FireStick. When I called Google YouTube they told me that this is their issue. I solved the issue, I switched to HULU+Live and it has better everything including picture quality, speed and customer support. Don't give up on ROKU, give up on Google YouTube TV. 

Tony12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, my $25 Fire Stick 4K arrived last night. I swapped in place of the Roku. Set up the Fire Stick including adding Youtube TV App (which Roku no longer has). Have been watching Youtube TV and having no issues with the picture freezing. Also, no issues with Youtube TV on Android Phone nor iPad last night. The Fire Stick has the usual set of Apps which I've added. So, as far as my devices and service, only the Roku is having issues. If this is not resolved soon, I will buy another two Fire Sticks and shut down the Rokus. Roku support needs to understand that the service and apps tale precedence. That means:

1) fix the issue created when the OS got upgraded, 

2) Get the YouTube App back on your store so it can be added to the device

0 Kudos
Ramtrol
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally  the freezing issues I experienced since last week on YouTubeTV appear to have been fixed as of this morning 11/22/2021!!  It's been on for 2 hours and no freezing issues yet(hope I didn't speak too soon!)

Laguy442
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Installed my new Apple 4k TV box this morning.  Installed YouTubeTV and it has been working perfectly for a couple of hours.   For those sure that it is a YouTube TV problem, good luck.  My opinion is that it is the Roku box.   Roku did an update a few days ago and as soon as that occurred YouTube TV started locking up.   My Apple phone, my computer, my Apple TV 4k box all play YouTube video perfectly.   My problem is solved and I am done with Roku.   It isn't like Roku doesn't have motive for YouTube TV not working.   Either way, I am out of here.

0 Kudos
bmoss706
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have four Roku TVs, an Ultra, and a streaming stick. I saw no freezing all morning. I recorded a college game on Saturday. Could not watch it on Sunday due to freezing. It played without freezing this morning. All devices are running Roku OS 10.5.0 build 4201 and YouTube TV app version 2.20 build 93005574 and are reported as up to date. The YouTube TV app has not been updated since at least September. Freezing was reported on Fire Sticks and on Google Chromecast with Google TV. My guess is the problem was not with the Roku OS, nor with the YouTube TV apps on various devices, but with the signal coming from the YouTube TV streaming servers.

whh

Jump to solution

I have the TVs and the Roku players and it all started after I got 10.5 notice of upgrade. I have the same problem but with all my apps: Sling, Netflix  the free ones like Pluto etc...  I do not have you tube.

I will be watching something and then its freezes or start to pixelate also it takes a very long time to even get anything show up on the Tv.  I have the Gig speed internet and its myself plus one other person so it can't be to many people using all the band width.

I looked and looked for a phone number for Roku customer service and could not find one. I called the only number on there web site and of course  it is just a recording to leave a message.

There help board dose not even have a spot top put this in.  I am not very happy with Roku now, I have been a long time customer. It seem the bigger a Company gets the harder it is to get a ahold of someone when something goes wrong to find out what the problem is.

I also thought it was my products that I own.  90% are new TVs or the latest  Roku players (premier)  being sold by Roku.

I am glad someone posted that they were having the same issues as my self.

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is a "chat" feature at the Roku website and that is how I logged the case.

The more the merrier. Seems like they know there's an issue now.

And I agree. It is, perhaps, BOTH a Roku issue and a YouTubeTV issue, but I'm certain it's a Roku issue. They indicated they are working on it. We shall see.

0 Kudos
DC1964

Jump to solution

The YouTube TV app was removed from my two Roku sticks as of yesterday. Anyone experienced the same issue?

Tony12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hulu is very good service and I had it. Excellent. But, they do not allow you to skip through the last commercial break, even with the up-pay option. So, to me, this is what makes Google TV my choice. Not changing  back to Hulu because of a Roku problem.

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

All of the problems that we were having on Fri/Sat/Sun have disappeared. No problems at all today. 

0 Kudos