Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chriscmm
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

Seems to be fixed this morning while streaming through my TCL Roku TV. 
Issue hasn't appeared. 

0 Kudos
Daffyg

Roku 10.5 update freezes YouTube Tav

Jump to solution

Latest 10.5 update impacts YouTube TV and freezes it after 8-10mins. Most annoying and reading and has happened everyday since update and there is no way to roll back update without factory default.

This needs to be fixed. I value Youtube TV more then Roku and will move to chromecast to avoid Roku if needed.

0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had my Hisense Roku TV freeze earlier this morning .  I left it on snd sitting tuned to the channel it froze on, and as others also reported it unfroze after a bit.  I fast forwarded it at that time and still working.

0 Kudos
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still freezing for me. Does not always "thaw" for me.

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm still not convinced it's not BOTH a Roku and YouTubeTV problem. I would urge you all to report the problem to Roku via their customer feedback site (which is clunky at best... I ended up chatting with a guy named Venkat yesterday who elevated my case to the engineers, so I now have a case id no. to reference) and to YouTubeTV, which you can access through the app. The more people who do both, the more attention it's likely to get.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BL1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, and the time frame is exactly the same.

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Roku TCL continues to show the problem. So many variations of this issue makes it difficult to pin down exactly what the problem is. 

0 Kudos
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also chatted with YTTV rep. They are aware of the issue. I did get credit for a week plus an additional free week (pushed back billing cycle). I think that’s what was said. In any case, contact YTTV and let them know and get your credit. Unless if you’re a Boilermaker! Darn your BB team for yesterday!

0 Kudos
samjax10

Jump to solution

Same exact problem! 

0 Kudos
rtcompt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  I also have an Apple TV, for which there is also a YouTube TV app.  Accessing YouTube TV via Apple TV seems to solve the problem of freezing.

0 Kudos