Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAYZZ

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

Same problem with YouTube TV - just started freezing up with the new OS update.  So annoying.  Freezing up every 5 min.  Have to exit YouTube TV to reset - til it freezes up again 5 min later.

0 Kudos
TD348
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I called YT TV customer service. They didn't seem to know about the issue but gave me half off next months cost ( I didn't ask for anything) and told me they would contact me once they got it fixed. 

UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I still believe it’s a Roku issue, maybe YouTubeTV too. I tried accessing the Roku Channel. Took forever to load. I submitted a case earlier with both Roku and YouTubeTV. We shall see.

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also, I’m able to watch YouTubeTV just fine on the iPod app.

0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just got home from dinner and fingers crossed.  I have been streaming the candy/oleMiss game for 20 minutes without freezing on my Hisense Roku TV.  Hope springs eternal lol

0 Kudos
144dtg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried that also and thought it had worked, but after a while same issue.  I can use NetFlix and Prime video from my Roku just fine.  Last night I was even able to watch a youtube tv show recording just fine, but at the same time having all sorts of issues with a football recording.

0 Kudos
Risaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have the same issue with our Roku and YTTV. It freezes after 5-7 minutes. It’s been happening since Friday morning. Watching football yesterday was so frustrating. Ended up watching most games with YTTV on my iPad and it worked fine.   This is definitely a Roku issue.   We just tried leaving it on during the freeze and it just came back on. I then fast forwarded to the proper point in the show. Unsure how long it will work but will update you if it continues to work. 

0 Kudos
Stread82

Jump to solution

I use the YouTube app to access YouTube tv and mine is still freezing on two different tvs. 

0 Kudos
Stread82

Jump to solution

Same here smh

0 Kudos
RJC-CE
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is not a Roku issue. Youtube TV freezes on Amazon Fire Stick, both WiFi and ethernet. I have been having this issue since Friday on Roku and Fire Stick. I called You Tube and the Rep told me they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. It seemed to have been fixed yesterday afternoon, then reverted back to freeze-up every 3 to 5 minutes. Please call Google YouTube TV.

0 Kudos