Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony12
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

We bought the Roku under the premise that they are a general open streaming platform. It is their responsibility to ensure they get agreements in place to get all services on their platform, especially the major ones which are Hulu and Youtube TV. Now, their new OS update has broken a legacy app which we can no longer even download and that they don't support. These devices are essentially bricked. Worse is that I have to explain this to my family.

This is unacceptable. Roku:

1) fix the compatibility issue with the YouTube TV App

2) put the App back on your store (and work out whatever business arrangement is needed with Google-YouTube)

Otherwise, I will buy added $25 firesticks and will trash the Rokus.

Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah the suggested workaround of using YouTube app and accessing YouTube TV via that app doesn’t work either.  The issue persists.  They need to either fix what they broke with 10.5 or roll the update back now.

0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As a follow up.  I have experienced this problem this morning on my Roku 2 box while playing espn Gameday.  If it happens again then I will say it is happening with the box also.  I have not had the issue while using my fire cube.

0 Kudos
Lucasfilms

Jump to solution

We started having this same issue. Deleted the YouTube app which no longer appears for download in Roku’s app search so went the long way around through YouTube app, it worked for a bit but this morning it froze up there too. We also had it freeze on our Hisense TV. All Roku’s I have HD and 4k sticks are doing the same thing. They play for 3 min and freeze. 

Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So to confirm.  This is happening with Roku 2 devices also.   I was able to duplicate the freezing problem on that box that got the 10.5 update yesterday.  Amazon Fire Cube works great.  I have ordered a couple Fire Sticks for pickup at Best Buy today.

0 Kudos
Tre232

Jump to solution

Same issue here

0 Kudos
Rrookkuu1

Jump to solution

Same here too. Started 11/19/21. Roku please fix. 

valdalton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here!  Tried everything except deleting YouTubeTV app, fortunately, and then realized the problem is with Roku and Google!  FIX IT Roku, my other apps worked just fine!

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update here. Problems that started yday persisted again this morning. The app worked for 5 min then froze, had to exit and restart. Like clockwork. Then about an hour ago, I did not immediately exit the app, and after ~3 minutes it just started working again. I had to fast forward to return to live signal. I left the TV and app on while on a 45 minute walk, and when I returned the app was still working and was still live, indicating no freezing up. Wonder how long this will last. 

onepcwhiz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My 4660 RW won't load the Youtube app unless I remove it and add it back.

"The channel did not lunch, please try again later."

It cycles this over and over until I hit the home button to get back out to the home screen.

Once I add the YT app back I then have to log back in to see my subscriptions.

And it does not show any new videos in my history.  It shows the older ones, but won't anything new.

This just started happening yesterday after this latest update.

Roku Ultra 4660
Roku XDS (2100)
0 Kudos