Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmergl73
Level 7

YouTube TV gone

I have 3 Rokus and use YouTube TV to stream TV. I know they had some contract issues or something but on one of my devices YouTube TV is gone but it’s working on all the others. And since they have removed the service from the apps o can’t get it back. What do I do?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
dwilly232
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV gone

Yep it’s gone. I deleted it today based on the search that took me to the roku page and it was their recommendation to delete it to fix Unsynchronized voices. I had no idea I couldn’t get it back. The thing that really irritates me is that it magically disappeared from my other two TVs that were not turned on. The roku tv now has another streaming device hooked to it. So I’m faced with two remotes. Thus is why I dumped directv. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV gone


@dwilly232 wrote:

Yep it’s gone. I deleted it today based on the search that took me to the roku page and it was their recommendation to delete it to fix Unsynchronized voices. I had no idea I couldn’t get it back. The thing that really irritates me is that it magically disappeared from my other two TVs that were not turned on. The roku tv now has another streaming device hooked to it. So I’m faced with two remotes. Thus is why I dumped directv. 


When you remove an app from one Roku device, the app is removed from all devices on that Roku account. That's how Roku has functioned for over a decade. 

As for removing the app, yes that is a standard troubleshooting step, but in this particular instance, isn't advised. https://support.roku.com/article/1500009007722

Once the contract dispute is settled -- of course, that may never happen, or it could happen today, nobody knows -- things will be fine. Until then, we have this situation.

Options include:

  • Get a different device and keep using YouTube TV.
  • Continue with Roku and await YouTube TV's return. You can pause your YouTube TV account and resume it when things settle.
  • Continue with Roku and try a different live streaming service. Many have free trials. You may find a cheaper service, or one that has better options.
  • Rethink TV and whether or not you really need any paid live streaming service. Look into free options such as Pluto TV, Tubi, Sling TV free, or others, and Hulu standard ($6) as an on-demand service (sort of like a DVR).

There are other ways to go until you reach a final decision, but those may give you something to think about. 

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
dwilly232
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV gone

lol   Thanks for the advice after the fact. I’ve never had an app disappear from each tv when deleted from one. 

this is a situation that should never exist. I’ve also expressed my displeasure to google but they didn’t delete the app from their platform. Roku made that decision on their own. 

0 Kudos
Edflea58
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV gone

I did not delete mine and it is gone.  I am an existing youtube tv customer and it should not have been removed.

And customer support was no help.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV gone


@dwilly232 wrote:

lol   Thanks for the advice after the fact. I’ve never had an app disappear from each tv when deleted from one. 

this is a situation that should never exist. I’ve also expressed my displeasure to google but they didn’t delete the app from their platform. Roku made that decision on their own. 


You had the app before, right?

Try this: Streaming Channels > Search Channels > [type in 'YouTube TV'] > YouTube TV > Add channel > [whatever the number underneath the pad is] > OK

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
dwilly232
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV gone

Oh boy. It is no longer available on the platform. Roku removed the YouTube tv app. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV gone


@dwilly232 wrote:

Oh boy. It is no longer available on the platform. Roku removed the YouTube tv app. 


Do you see those instructions I posted above your post? Did you follow them? I'm guessing not, because I just followed them and reinstalled YouTube TV on my device.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
dwilly232
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV gone

Aren’t you the lucky one then. I already took those steps. It’s not there. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV gone


@dwilly232 wrote:

Aren’t you the lucky one then. I already took those steps. It’s not there. 


Huh. I always knew I was awesome. Now I have confirmation. I can get apps that aren't available. 

Seriously, I did it again after your post, removed the app, rebooted the Roku, added it back.

YouTube TV party at my house! BYOB

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos