Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV dvr content constantly gets hung up at the end of each commercial set.

This is extremely annoying and makes a large amount of content nearly impossible to watch. What is Roku/YouTube doing to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV dvr content constantly gets hung up at the end of each commercial set.

Seriously, I've watched far more ads the last couple of weeks than content......I'm not paying to see nothing but ads!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV dvr content constantly gets hung up at the end of each commercial set.

See if changing this setting helps:
Settings > System > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the tip!  Under "advanced system settings" I only have 4 options:

1.  Factory reset

2.  Network connection reset

3.  Device connect

4. Connect by mobile apps

Could the setting you are referring to be located somewhere else?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Looks like menu options may depend on the Roku model involved.   That's why it's always a good idea to give your model number when asking for help.

Maybe that option is only on models that support 4K resolution.  The menu path I listed was what I saw on my Streaming Stick Plus.  On my Roku 3 I get the same menu you do.

Only other setting I can think of that might affect this is Settings > Display type.  If you have it set to Auto, try changing it to your TV's resolution, 720p or 1080p.

If that doesn't help, some other basic things to try:

Remove channel / Restart Roku (important, don't skip) via Settings > System > System restart / Reinstall channel.  If you have a YouTube account you'll have to log into it again.

Make sure your Roku's software is up to date via Settings > System> System update >Check now.

If all else fails, Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset will put the Roku back to a pristine state as though it just came out of the box.  Use this as a last resort, as you'll have to start all over again setting everything up from scratch.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos