Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHM
Level 10

YouTube TV crashes on Roku only!

A lot of times when I go to live TV and select a channel, I get a blank screen. I have to go back to the Roku home screen and go back in and try again. Multiple times!

Another issue...when watching video on demand after some commercials, the YouTube TV app freezes up. Again, I have to press the Home button to get out. 

This doesn’t happen on my Fire stick. It only happens on my Roku Streaming Stick +, and my TCL Roku tv. 

This appears to be a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
alemmons
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV crashes on Roku only!

Exact same issues, only on Roku. Works fine on Firestick. But I have a Roku TV and would be nice to just use Roku. 

0 Kudos
mtbc
Level 7

No answers on this huh? I have the exact same problem, only with Youtube TV app on my Roku TV. (Roku Ultra box never had this problem). 

electro07
Level 7

This just happened to me, too. I have a TCL Roku TV and have had it for the past 3 months with no issues. I have used YouTube TV without issues for 3 weeks and today, suddenly, I can't watch live TV nor on demand. The YouTube TV app works on my Roku Express in the living room, but not on my TCL Roku TV in my bedroom. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No change. WTH?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@electro07 

Thanks for the post.

When removing the channel, please make sure to restart your Roku TV before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PoppaK
Level 7

Roku advises to restart device after deleting YouTube TV app and before reinstalling.  I tried this TWICE and YouTube TV still crashes after reinstalling.  Other ideas?  I have a Roku Streaming Stick +.   I also have a RokuTV that is unaffected.  Would love to get this back as it affects our primary TV

0 Kudos
go_dores
Level 7

For what it's worth, my Roku was crashing any time YouTube TV was started.  None of the above worked, including the reboot between removing and re-adding the channel.

A factory reset on the Roku device followed by re-setting up everything seems to have taken care of the problem for me.

0 Kudos