Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV cannot be installed on Roku

I load the app onto Roku and then try to start it.  I go to tv.youtube.com/start, enter the code shown on the screen (have to work around the annoying spellcheck mangling the codes I enter), then try to link to my Google account, and I get the very helpful "something went wrong" message.  What is the problem here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: YouTube TV cannot be installed on Roku

What model number is your Roku? I believe that not all Roku devices are supported by YTTV, with older players the most likely to not support it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@stevecoh2 wrote:

I load the app onto Roku and then try to start it.  I go to tv.youtube.com/start, enter the code shown on the screen (have to work around the annoying spellcheck mangling the codes I enter), then try to link to my Google account, and I get the very helpful "something went wrong" message.  What is the problem here?

From what I've read, YouTube TV does not have an agreement with Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@stevecoh2 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to YouTube TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the YouTube TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I solved the issue by navigating to the youtube signup page using Google Chrome instead of Safari.

0 Kudos