Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV app won't play

My Roku Express setup went fine however after downloading YouTube TV, I have not been able to get it to stream. The download sequence looked normal (counting up to 100%), and the logo appears on my home screen with other channels I have downloaded. However, when I click on the YouTube TV app, the screen goes blank and the Roku Express box turns off. I have tried deleting and then re-adding the app--that didn't do any good. Any thoughts from the community? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: YouTube TV app won't play

@draperpete Thanks for the note here. Let's see what we can do to help!

Try following the steps listed here, in order, and see if this helps clear up the issue: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

If following these steps doesn't help clear up the issue, as a last troubleshooting option, you can try performing a factory reset on your device from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset. This will clear all data, channels, and login information from your device and allow you to set it up again from scratch. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV app won't play

I'm not sure what happened, but I tried deleting and adding YouTube TV again yesterday and suddenly it worked. I didn't do anything different than I had done the previously 5-6 times I tried that. At any rate, I am grateful to know how to restart my Roku as I know that with many electronics, that is the key to solving problems and may have worked sooner in this one as well.

0 Kudos