Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sutecnicobernal
Level 7

Re: YOUTUBE TV STILL NOT WORKING 9/19/21

today September 20, 2021, the YouTube channel no longer plays on my Roku 3710X. I did factory reset, deleted Youtube and added it again, but when I want to see the content, the YouTube logo disappears and returns to the initial menu. All this time it worked. No problem. Why did Youtube stop working on my Roku? Nor can I reproduce it by linking the mobile app to the Roku on the same WiFi network. It recognizes the device but cannot play. Please help. Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
belovmari
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV app no longer available

I'm having the same issue. Why isn't it available anymore. Doesn't make sense to me.

Krae
Level 7

Earlier in the evening, 9/20/21, YouTube tv worked fine, but now the very same thing has happened to me on two TCL tvs in our house. Both YouTube tv using the old app, AND YouTube app are doing the same thing, just dropping and returning to the home screen. I've went through all the various posted responses to prior postings about the problem. I watch YouTube and YouTube tv over 90% of the time. I can't even cast it from my phone, I get a blank black box with the sound only coming through. I can still watch it on my smart phone.

0 Kudos
juan2watch
Level 7

Same problem with regular YouTube app on Roku  3710. Worked fine all these years now crashes to home screen when trying to launch app.

0 Kudos
MandiKov77
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV app no longer available

Same issue with YouTube.  It worked fine all yesterday but wouldn't load last evening or this morning.  I've removed the channel, did the system restart, added the channel back in but nothing.  It looks like it's loading but then just goes back to the home screen.

0 Kudos
franny407
Level 7

Re: Roku blocking YouTube TV due to conflict with Google

Wrong answer,  the version Sept 13, 2021 will not launch and I have done ALL of the troubleshooting recommended AND did a factory reset because that is what was recommended by "Danny" only to find out that if I deleted the app I would not be able to reload and launch it. REALLY????   I have always been a staunch supporter of Roku vs. Fire Stick.  so I am not choosing sides. I am not streaming YT tv - but cant even use the regular app which is why I have the Roku in the first place.  VERY UNHAPPY 

0 Kudos
JJP-NY
Level 7

This version of the app stopped running for me too as of today - 9/21.  It shows logo then returns to home.  Tried uninstall/reinstall with same issue.  All other apps fine.

0 Kudos
CLP21
Level 7

I have the same problem that started last week. YouTube TV app just disappeared off home screen. Did all the required steps and all of a sudden the app was available for download. Then Monday 9/20 the app was gone again and not available, again. This is not frustrating, it is infuriating!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When reporting problems it's always a good idea to report your Roku model and model number as shown via Settings > System > About. Often the answers you seek depend on your Roku model and if we have this information to start with, you can get targeted suggestions more quickly.

None of my 3 connected devices (listed in my signature below) are having this problem.  The Streaming Stick 3600 is running YouTube version 2.20, while the other two are running YouTube version 2.21.  These versions are reported as up to date on all 3 units.  You can check your YouTube version by highlighting YouTube in your home screen channel grid and pressing the * key on your Roku remote.

Google, YouTube's owner, creates, maintains, and releases the Roku-compatible versions of their YouTube app.  Roku just supplies the platform on which they run.  Each release is encoded with the Roku models on which it is to be used. 

It has been reported that YouTube 2.20 has incompatibility problems with some Roku models, and that YouTube is releasing version 2.22 for those affected models.  I don't know if YouTube 2.22 version is a blanket release that will go to all models for which it is intended at once, or if it is being rolled out more gradually.  Roku path Settings > System > System update > Check now will make sure your Roku and its installed apps have the current released versions for your Roku model. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Regval
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV App not working

I also have a Roku TV and a Roku Stick and both are no longer working for the YouTubeTV app. All of the usual troubleshooting steps performed and after removing the youtubeTV app from the Roku TV, it can not be re-loaded as it no longer appears in the channel selection to install.  Additionally, the RoKu stick no longer has the YouTubeTV channel available and NO troubleshooting steps (reset, etc) was done. Apparently there is an issue between Roku and YoutubeTV.

the ROKU products which are not working with YOUTUBE TV.

ROKU STICK: MODEL: 3810X, ROKU TV 5122X MODEL:48FS1750. Both using SYSTEM: VER 10.0.0,
BUILD: 4209-08

0 Kudos