Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

YouTube TV not working: App keeps freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

This just started happening yesterday (11/18/2021). The YouTube TV app on both my Roku players keeps freezing after a few minutes.

At first, I thought it was an issue with the player, so I reset it. Still kept on doing it. It was just fine the day before. I was going to remove and reinstall the app but I'm glad I checked. The app is no longer available even though all news articles say that it won't be removed until December 2021.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And if so, do you have a fix? If not, what's up Roku? This isn't an app issue since I can watch it on my computer/phone just fine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while this issue was under investigation.

From multiple reports, it appears that Youtube provider has taken ownership of the playback issue on the Youtube TV channel and they have addressed the issue on their side.

We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

183 REPLIES 183
gregmann27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues.  I have multiple devices and it's happening on all of them.  Only happening on YouTube TV.  All other channels I've used are working fine.  

Tony12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same here. Have to exit YouTube TV by going to home then restating YouTube TV 

TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The same problem just started with me, also in the past couple of days. Just freezes and I have to exit to Roku and restart the app. I unplugged TV and Roku this morning and rebooted. No problems all day. Then this evening same freezing again, twice in about 15 minutes. I have found a work-around that appears to work. I access YouTube TV via the YouTube app. Been working for 45 min now with no freezing. GO Heels!

tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the workaround. I will give it a shot later. Stupid though! This problem is something you would imagine a Dukie would be responsible for! Go Heels!

0 Kudos
byerskm

Jump to solution

Same exact problem here.  Started yesterday immediately after Roku updated to latest OS, 10.5 I think.  Anyway, right after the update on 10/18/2021.  Then, during day today, didn't happen.  Then tonight, every 3-4 minutes it freezes.  Only way to fix is hit home and restart YouTube TV.  Complete unusable.  

Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue on all 4 of my Roku TV's after the update.  Both TCL and Hisense.  VERY pissed. 

tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tried the work around and it still kept doing it. Roku! Please fix this! It’s so freaking annoying! I’ve restarted my player so many times already! I’m not factory resetting because I’m afraid that will delete my apps, which means losing the YouTube TV app since it is not on your store anymore, I won’t get it back 

0 Kudos
Humblehoneybee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue is due to the 10.5 roku update. It has essentially made all the roku TVs bricks. Nothing will load when you click to open it. The only way to fix the problem is for roku to patch the new update 

Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Is this where they suggest going in via YouTube app?  A load of cr*p.  I got a Fire Cube.  It works fine there.