Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samjax10

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue! It’s very frustrating! Roku please fix this. At least send us an email acknowledging the problem.

0 Kudos
Smpnet74

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on all my Rokus and my LG TV.  The only thing that works are the phones and my Google display.  This sucks.

0 Kudos
tesdasdasd

Jump to solution

Am facing same problem now it's fixed. Thank's you so much

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I believe this is more a Roku issue than not. I’m streaming YouTubeTV just fine through my iPad. My son has an AppleTV device, watched lots of football on YouTubeTV yesterday and had no issues. 

0 Kudos
Mapdoc

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Even happens through my Google TV dongle playing on my TCL Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Rob20

Jump to solution

I also have YTTV.  Same problem with all 7 of my tv's in the house.  5 roku sticks and 2 roku tv's.  I've done factory resets on all of them, and they will work fine for short period of time and then go back to freezing.  Not buffering, but a total freeze, where you have to back out of the app.  Been going on for a few days, since the last update.

0 Kudos
ttnaddy16

Jump to solution

Having the same issue on my Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
tmills843
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just adding my two cents......

Same Issue, here.  Tried all of the suggested troubleshooting.

(1) Best Result occurred when I signed out of YouTube TV and YouTube App, Deleted the App from my Roku, Hard Restarted the TV, Re-Loaded the YouTube App, Jumped into the App and straight to YouTubeTV within the App.  I signed into my YouTube TV Account and was able to watch all Channels uninterupted for hours (College Football).

When I switched off the TV to run some errands and then switched the TV on after returning, I worked my way back into YouTubeTV and a new freeze came about 5-10 minutes later.  It's Sunday and the Freeze occurs about every 5-7 minutes in.

(2) I can AirPlay YouTubeTV from my iPhone and there is no freeze.  I can use Channel Apps (ESPN, TBS, ABC, et. al.) and there is no Freeze.

This is definitely an App Issue -- has nothing to do with IP, Memory, Hardware, or WiFi.

jerseyjoe
Reel Rookie

YouTube Tv channels keep freezing

Jump to solution

We have roku sticks - YouTube Tv channels keep freezing and must resort to the Home button and then go back in and then it freezes again and again.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am getting 209 MBS on my DSL line and not having a problem freezing except on Youtubetv.. It is their fault somehow on something they have done..

0 Kudos