Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV and Prime fail to load; Netflix and Hulu unaffected

As of this morning, YouTube TV and Amazon Prime briefly display an hourglass and then fault back to the home screen on my 55” Roku TV. Netflix and Hulu launch without issue. I’ve checked for and installed updates (via the system menu) and uninstalled and reinstalled the YouTube TV app. No joy.

The channel loads fine on my old Roku 3 box, albeit with some control issues that began a couple of weeks ago.

What’s going on?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV and Prime fail to load; Netflix and Hulu unaffected

System restart has resolved the problem. I am unsure if it was a combination of things, an update roll-back, or simple user error. But I’ve got my services back so ...

Highlighted
Level 7

System Restart worked for me, too. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

These things are really little computers at heart. Like their big brothers, a reset can often cure what ails them.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos