Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bozobozo

Re: YouTube TV & Closed Captions

Jump to solution

Found the Cc and that worked!  thanks so much.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is awesome!  My wife was ready for me to return the new Roku Ultra and sign back up for DirecTV.

We wasted lots of time turning the Roku's "master" CC controls on/off to no avail.  I suppose this is a bug in the command not being passed through to or recognized by the YYTV channel??

At any rate, thank you for the solution!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can you have it stay on without always going through this step every video?

0 Kudos
teraplanez

Jump to solution

THANKS A MILLION!

The CC was driving me insane!

I couldn't figure it out for anything. You have made my day!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
jscatter1

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Sometimes, you just need somebody to give you a helping hand! Thanks!

0 Kudos
MrGC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

quiltbible1- yes, once you set it you should be all set. You should not have to set it for each time..  Are you all set now?

w08833

Jump to solution

this doesn't work for me.  when I turn closed captions on, I get only the first few words on the screen and then no more closed captions.  it used to work better.  I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the youtube ap but that didn't help.  any suggestions?  thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with CC.  While watching YouTube if I press the * button on the Roku remote a few words appear on the screen then nothing until I press the * button again, then a few more words appear the nothing unless I press the * button again.  A real pain.

0 Kudos
Lee1942
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV & Closed Captions

Jump to solution

Same problem I'm facing.  I click the pause button while video is playing and use up arrow to select CC, there are three options on my YouTube screen, CC is middle one.  Then I have to go to upper right of the screen where a box opens and I have to actually turn on CC's in English.  Then have to hit the return arrow upper left, which then starts the CC's BUT, only the first few words.  Then just sits there while the commentary is going forward.  Yes, I can continually push the green or blue buttons on the remote and each time I push, get another box of dialog.  This is nuts.  I used to select CC and the video would play with CC, not now?  What changed.  For one thing, advertisement in the middle of the video you are watching.  Any thoughts??

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem. At one time it worked perfectly. After youtube added the leading commercials it still worked fine, but around the time mid video commercials were added, cc’s started to freeze. I was considering trying youtube premium, but this problem nixed that idea. Who wants to pay extra when you can’t even get cc’s?