Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ginabell694
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV & Closed Captions

Jump to solution

Its the option on youtube to speed up or slow down the videos. It appeared and the Closed Caption option disappeared.

0 Kudos
Ginabell694
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You can speed up or slow down youtbe videos. That option is now available on yt on the Rok tv but now the cc button is gone.

0 Kudos
Neeka
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks Ginabell694...............I'm new to streaming, so a bit slow on the uptake. Learning though. 😉

Hp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Perhaps versions of Roku and/or YouTube TV might have changed for other people (maybe? Not sure). I still see four items when I use the down arrow to the CC menu: ‘Captions Off’, ‘CC1’ (which produces active captioning), ‘CC3’ (no idea what that does) and ‘Edit Style’.

0 Kudos
Ginabell694
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mines just YT. But I think the change was made on their end. 

0 Kudos
joshkar24

Jump to solution

solved yet you have to enable it each and every time you watch a video rather than working like the desktop version of youtube where you can simply set it for good for any given youtube account. yet another example of poor implementation by google ?  seems like a trend lately 

0 Kudos
Scatter50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m an idiot. I expected to press the off, and have it change to on. Selected English, and my CC is now on! 

0 Kudos
Elle-Sea

Jump to solution

Will these steps work just for that one program or will it then work on all until turned off?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Elle-Sea

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach out to them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/gethelp

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
deafbowtie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Kariza

The FCC Divides Responsibility for Closed Captioning Between VPDs and Video Programmers. Under the rule, video program distributors (VPDs) must ensure that closed captions make it to broadcast, but video programmers have the responsibility of providing high-quality closed captions.

0 Kudos