Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frizzpro
Channel Surfer

YouTube TV & Closed Captions

Jump to solution
Not able to turn on the Youtube TV "Closed Caption" feature on my Roku Ultra & Stick devices.  Pressing the setting in the app does nothing.
CC feature does seem to works on my Youtube TV computer browsers.

Anyone know if the CC feature is not yet implemented on the YouTube TV app via Roku?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rouge2017

Re: YouTube TV & Closed Captions

Jump to solution

Here's how I finally saw the cc option using a #Roku and #Youtubetv.  Using the Roku remote control, select your show on Youtubetv and play it.  Then press the "pause" button on the remote control to temporarily stop your show.  You then should see at the bottom of the tv screen several options including "cc" for captioning.  Using the Roku remote, arrow down and over to the "cc" option, select it, and arrow over to turn on the captions.

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71
bozzy

Jump to solution
It works fine for me. Are you selecting the more menu item and then going to CC and then enabling the correct one?
0 Kudos
frizzpro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.......
0 Kudos
bobjag

Jump to solution

How do I get to the more menu for cc. I don't see it.

0 Kudos
Silvershamrock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having same problem - cannot turn on CC on YouTubeTV.  Where is this “more” menu item?  I don’t see it anywhere on the YouTube TV app on my TV.  

0 Kudos
Rouge2017

Jump to solution

Here's how I finally saw the cc option using a #Roku and #Youtubetv.  Using the Roku remote control, select your show on Youtubetv and play it.  Then press the "pause" button on the remote control to temporarily stop your show.  You then should see at the bottom of the tv screen several options including "cc" for captioning.  Using the Roku remote, arrow down and over to the "cc" option, select it, and arrow over to turn on the captions.

Silvershamrock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tante Grazie!!  It works

0 Kudos
pbarealist

Jump to solution

Only reason I cancelled a subscription to YouTube TV was inability to solve CC problem.  Lo and behold there always is a way. My return to YouTube TV with CC completed. 

Thanx for the proper advice!!

PB

0 Kudos
deafbowtie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have no problems with any tv episode except one NCIS S17 E16 last Tuesday - no captions nor no CC when paused.  I can see captions on commercials but not this episode. How can I file the complaint to YouTubeTV about this? 

0 Kudos
celvee

Jump to solution

Thank you, I followed your instruction and now close-captioning works on YouTube TV on my TV

0 Kudos