Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV Pause Issue

While using the YouTube TV app, if I've had a show paused for X amount of time, Roku's screensaver will kick in. When I eventually hit play, the paused show won't start from where I left off, but rather I will be redirected back to the Roku home screen. This didn't used to happen and it's pretty frustrating. Is this happening to anyone else and/or does anyone have a solution? Thank you.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: YouTube TV Pause Issue

Testing this I discovered that using some of the "built-in" screensavers resulted in the dysfunctional behavior you described (and worse, it would attempt to install random channels as well after returning to Home) after pushing play/pause.

The following screensavers exhibited the Home/loading other app behavior upon pressing the PLAY/PAUSE button when activated:

Don't use:  Roku City Stroll/Movie Magic, Roku Space, Roku Western, Roku Kids, Roku Nautical, Roku Jungle

The following screensavers functioned normally upon pressing the  PLAY/PAUSE button when activated:

Use:  Roku Digital Clock, Roku Analog Clock, Roku 4K Screensaver, Star Trek Theme Screensaver, Roku Skyline, Roku Aquatic Life (both versions), Roku Logo Rain

(Roku Mobile Screensaver simply locked the Roku up entirely when previewed/set)

So, for now, use a screensaver listed in the second group.

As well, please fill out a bug report:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

Highlighted
Level 8

I'm having the same problem all of a sudden. Were you able to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

thanks, man, will try this. My roku tv is just on default settings but this issue of pause cancelling out to home THEN trying to install channels I don't want is quite annoying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Never use Play/Pause or OK to dismiss a screensaver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had my roku tv on default settings and this was getting very annoying since the last update.  I don't even remember any screen saver, it just goes black. Well I set the digital clock screen saver, found under "settings\system settings\screensaver."  The next time I came back after neglecting it for a few minutes, it just went right back to paused video when I operated the remote.  Thanks, I hope it stays working.  It really seemed like they were just pushing subscription channels at me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks. I changed my screensaver to the digital clock.  Fixed the problem! Now when I pause and then press play it goes right back to where I left off my show.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It’s also started about a month ago for me,have you removed it?

0 Kudos