Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diverjer
Level 7

YouTube TV - Lose local channel audio

I have one local channel that the audio is not good, there are a lot of time where the sound comes and goes- mostly goes away. The audio is especially bad when watching the news and they show a video from the major network. Only happens on one of the 4 local stations, other channels are fine. Not sure if this is a ROKU, YouTube TV or local station issue? I am new to streaming any ideas? I can go to the antenna and all is well, only when using ROKU and YoutubeTV.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
diverjer
Level 7

Re: Lose local channel audio

Should add I have a ROKU Streaming Stick + and Cox cable high speed internet, my ROKU shows Very Good.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

You say one local channel, then you say you have a Streaming Stick+. Only Roku TVs have a tuner to watch local OTA stations. Exactly what are you watching when you lose the audio?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
diverjer
Level 7

YouTube TV has local channels via streaming. I am not using the over the air, using ROKU and Youtube TV subscription.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@diverjer wrote:
YouTube TV has local channels via streaming. I am not using the over the air, using ROKU and Youtube TV subscription.

Thanks. Important information. I don't use YouTube TV, so I'll let the Roku moderators get back to you tomorrow. But they would have asked the same question. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos