Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

YouTube TV Local Channels - Can't Find Current Playback Area

Hello.  I have a Roku Streaming Stick model 3600X.  I am trying out the YouTube TV channel but it will not play my local live stations because it cannot locate my current playback area.  I reached out to YouTube TV support and all they could tell me is that I need to turn on location services for my Roku Streaming Stick.  I have been unable to find any information online or any settings on the stick that tell me or allow me to do this.  Is location services not available on the Roku Streaming Stick that I have?

Thank you.

Garritt

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Local Channels - Can't Find Current Playback Area

Having the same problem with 3 different roku models recently purchased. Can get local channels youtube tv on laptops at home but not on tvs. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Why doesn't roku have customer support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Local Channels - Can't Find Current Playback Area

I ended up resolving this issue.  By being on my home network and going to the tv.youtube.com/verify page on my phone browser.  It successfully detected where i was at and then after restarting the YouTube TV Roku channel my updated location was there.

0 Kudos