Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV Home Screen Select not working

I just upgraded my Roku to the newest 2019 Ultra. Now when I go to YouTube TV and try to select a show displayed on the Home screen under "Top Picks For You" it just spins and spins and never opens the stream for that channel. I have to exit YouTube TV and start all over. I then go to the Live listing and select the show from there... Works fine most of the time.

I've rebooted several times, I'm on a hard wire network connection, not wireless and no change.

Seems to be most frequent with ESPN and CNN.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: YouTube TV Home Screen Select not working

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Start-Here-To-Troubleshoot-Channel-Issues/m-p...

If youre having problems with a Premium (paid) Channel I would definitely deal with them directly.

You Tube TV is different than You Tube Channel which runs fine on mine.

But you can always vent here.

There was just a Major Update so make sure youre running 9.2.0

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 7

Currently running 9.2.0 build 4131-46

My older Roku Ultra in another room has no problem with selecting shows/channels (including CNN & ESPN) from the home "Top Picks For You" options and the Roku Ultra I replaced never had this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Well keep track of the time for exchanging it. Maybe you got a funky one.

Did you check out the link?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just rented the movie Richard Jewell and it will not play. The money has already been taken out of my account. It acts like it wants to play but don't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ruxpin 

Thanks for the post.

What channel are you having this issue with? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Have you tried reaching out to the channel provider yet to see if they are able to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos