Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Exact same thing here!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DJI @SHM I'm sorry to hear about the frustration. I will be sure to pass along this feedback as well. Rest assured, we are working with the channel provider directly to assist in resolving this issue. As I mentioned previously, I will be sure to provide any further updates that I hear. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any other feedback to share. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

This has been going on for a long, long time. A lot of people have complained about this. I just don't understand why this isn't a priority. I'll believe in Roku and YTTV again, once I see a fix. Until then, I'm a non-believer.

Highlighted
Level 8

What I don't understand is that when it freezes up at the end of an ad sequence, and I restart the Youtube TV app, and skip out to the failed ad, it then runs the ad fine and continues with the VOD playback.  This should not be that hard to troubleshoot if we can get anyone to actually work on it.

Highlighted
Level 8

All due respect Tanner, if you take just a minute to actually read a few of these posts you will clearly see if has nothing to do with YTTV, the issue is present with Roku devices only. 

Stop passing the buck and let's get this fixed before we all decide to get more aggressive with social media and kick the **bleep** out of Roku stock for poor support of the very product that took your stock so high.

Fair warning Tanner.

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted
Level 8

Anyone who is experiencing this problem should post a review of the Roku product.  Make sure to point out that it freezes on YTTV on demand after advertisements.  Also make sure to explain that competing devices do not suffer from this bug.

Google and Roku are just pointing fingers and passing the buck on fixing this known issue.  Until it registers on their Richter Scale, they won't act.

Perhaps when their sales and marketing groups get wind of this, they will turn up the heat on their engineers.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@marknpt  Thanks for sharing the feedback. We're sorry to hear about your frustration. 

For greater context, each channel (app) provider's software, services and underlying technologies utilized are often unique to each device platform or OS that they offer their service on, such computers, mobile phones, streaming devices, etc. An issue occurring on one device or platform, does not necessarily always equate to an issue with the device itself, but rather may also indicate an issue within the service's providers systems or technologies that feed their app/channel on that device. In some cases, channel (app) providers may need to change or update particular features/functionality/content, in order for them to function properly on each device platform. 

We are working closely with the channel provider in this instance to provide the additional customer reports/feedback we have received, further technical insights, and assist them in working to help resolve the issue together. Please continue to stay tuned. We will provide further updates as they become available. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Brand new to Youtube TV.  I am having this exact problem with my Roku Express boxes, but not my older Roku boxes.  Ads and play back are not freezing on any other app (Netflix, Amazon Prime), nor are they freezing on my Smart TV.

I'm returning the two Express boxes that I just ordered.  This makes watching Youtube TV unbearable. 

Highlighted
Level 8

IF i run my laptop at the same time as the roku, the ads being presented in stream to the roku differ than those seen on the laptop. I dunno what kind of voodoo they're trying to pull, but they are differentiating between laptops and the Roku. Never locks up on the laptop, 50% of the time the ads will lock up the app on the Roku. Today it hasnt been much of a problem, but i havent seen any of the cheesy roku ads saying "Be right back!"  so i suspect they either backed off inserting commercials for some reason today or its just been by chance there havent been any other ads to run in the network stream.  just my $0.02 cents worth.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Looks like this is never gonna get resolved. Makes using youtubetv through a roku useless.  I can stream through anything that isn't a roku perfectly fine. It's pretty obvious where the weak link is. I've been happy with my roku devices, but it's time to look for something else.