Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

DJI are you have the same freezing problems during VOD playback? Most of the comments here are from those using VOD rather than Live TV. I can't recall having freezing issues on Live TV, just VOD. Then again I don't watch allot of Live TV so I'm not the best judge of that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
I've not seen this suggested in this thread. Sorry if I've missed it.

Perhaps the commercials on are being transmitted in a different resolution and/or frame rate than the main program. As a result, every time it switches into or out of the commercial breaks, the combined Roku/HDMI/TV system must reconfigure itself to accommodate the change.

Try changing the Roku's "Display type" settings (Home > Settings > Display type) to your TV's native resolution, rather than "Auto" to minimize the disruption caused by the switch.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

No, for me, its just live TV. All VOD commercials never freeze - I have the Roku Ultra model.. I dont know if that makes much difference or not....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yea, mine is set to auto.. I believe that is the default.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just changed it from Auto to 1080p, which is what it detected my Samsung TV at. I'll see how it does over the next few days. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I changed my new Roku Ultra to display setting 1080P instead of Auto and the VOD ran okay.  I am running more tests and will post back the results.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

As indicated, I set my roku to 1080p instead of auto to match my Samsung TV. I can confirm that this did not fix the problem. I am still getting the spinning wheel of death on inserted commercials. I can sometimes hit the pause button, the spinning wheel will stop and then i can fast forward beyond the insert placement and the live feed continues just fine. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I ran more tests with the display type set to 1080P and while I get the error less often, I still get the freeze up with the only way to get out of it is by pressing the home key.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your reports. The channel provider is continuing to look into this issue, and we're continuing to pass along your feedback to assist in their investigation. We don't have any updates to share from them at the moment, but I will continue to keep everyone posted if I hear anything. 

In the meantime, we would recommend you contact the channel provider directly to report the behavior you are seeing, and request further assistance. https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

With all due respect, I (and apparently many others) have continually contacted Google/Youtube about this. They close my tickets saying that its a Roku problem and there is nothing further they can do. Seems like a lot of finger pointing going on both directions doesnt it?