Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Ok, well I discovered one thing if you already have a smart tv and YouTube tv is already loaded and you don’t need a Roku stick...it works perfectly. No interruptions what so ever. If you have to use the Roku stick, your  sh..t out of luck. I haven’t tried the amazon stick yet but I here from this site no issues with Amazons stick. Roku please reimburse me two of my sticks that don’t work with VOD with YouTube TV!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Having the same problem on a Roku Ultra but with Live TV. It seems to freeze when there are Youtube TV generated ads placed into the stream rather than the commercials that the network broadcast is generating. I assume some markets dont pay for local ads and YoutubeTV must be injecting a "we'll be right back!" ad with some goofy music in there. Nonetheless, when this happens I'll get the spinning wheel of death OR i'll get a popup that says im having network issues - which of course is not true. It ONLY happens during these commercials. I opened dozens of cases with YTTV, its been over 6 months and still no fix yet. They always tell me the same things.. 'click send feedback' 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

My advice would be to go the most economical  route instead of buying a smart tv, get an Amazon Stick instead. I have tried every Roku version with YouTube tv and it does not work for VOD. If you have a smart tv you don’t need a Roku or Amazon stick, YouTube tv is already loaded on your tv or you can download it. 

Sorry Roku you are losing customers to Amazon..if you don’t fix this!

Highlighted
Level 9

This has been a known issue for a long, long time. Roku obviously doesn’t care. I’m tossing my Roku sticks in the trash and buying Amazon Fire sticks to replace them. Sucks, I have to replace 5 of them! I’m tired of dealing with this on a daily basis, all night long. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Agreed. Hate to trash my roku ultra, but this is absurd now. Its freezing on just about every youtubeTV inserted commercial. Very interesting that it ONLY happens with commercials that are inserted out of market by youtube directly though. Direct commercials from the broadcasters never cause a lockup. I have not noticed it with VOD commercials, unless YTTV isnt inserting any commercials in lieu of the network feeds own commercial stream. $99.00 down the toilet. Thanks YTTV and Roku.

Highlighted
Level 8

Please!!!  Someone from Roku acknowledge this problem from this community forum and work to get it resolved.  You will have a lot of thankful customers and who knows, you might even get some recognition from your employer.    This has gone on far too long.  Roku and YouTube need to work together to get this resolved. 

Highlighted
Level 7

So you pick out one complaint that happens to identify a certain channel, despite repeated and various complaints not necessarily limited to one channel & respond only to that one channel. What should the rest of us do? Don’t you have any solutions? You’ve got the same complaint over years all over the internet & you’re still acting like you could care less about finding a solution after you got our money. Some assistance would go a long way in getting repeat business 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

@kalfsu Did replacing your express model fix this issue permenantly for you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

After reading many other complaints similar to mine - it appears this is valid for most all of the models not included inside a TV.  I have seen no complaints about the latter ones.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Other models have the same issue so changing from expres model won't solve it. 

0 Kudos