Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

Can we please get this stupid error fixed? I have a roku ultra and just want to enjoy my 4K television without roku being a tipped over porta potty

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Did you try this?

This worked for me and have had no problems in 2 months. I passed it along to Roku support. The solution is to simply go to Settings in Roku, go to Display Type, and change it from Auto-Detect to 1080 or 720, whatever fits your TV. (Then re-start the device, although I’m not sure this step is necessary.) Now it should properly go back to the On Demand show after the commercials. It was a comment in Reddit where this solution was found, although his Roku menu directions were a bit off - at least for my Roku. He theorized that Roku seems to get confused as to the picture resolution of the commercials vs the show and can’t find its way back to the show when it’s in Auto-Detect. Curious if this fixes it for others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi there!  Yes, we've tried that multiple times but it never seems to stick!  Such a bummer because we just have to miss the remainder of an episode after the ad gets hung up.  

We tweeted at Roku and they placed the blame on youtube TV even though Youtube TV works fine on an iPad.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Agree, it's ROKU. Said before and now again, my first ROLU is so old it has no version like 2 or 3and NEVER exhibits this problem . So they made " enhancements" and called them ROKU 2, which I have and see this problem. ( all the TV and cable hardware remaining the same)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

As you can see, the activity here has completely diminished, and the updated YouTube TV app that was released months ago resolved this issue for just about everyone it appears. I had 5 Rokus all having this issue, and so did other friends/family, but it has been fixed for months. Not sure what else they can do at this point. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

ROKU3 - Youtube TV - diabolically slow on startup, egg timer, then black screen - have to "enter" to continue, then spinning circle... FOR EVER ...distinct lag when trying to switch between Live, Home or Library - when you finally get the screen up to select! Constantly spinning wheel on EVERYTHING! Recorded program playback - skipping ads, then enter - can see and hear the program in question, but have the selection stuff still overlayed on the bottom. I have deleted the app, reloaded the app - no difference. Hardwired internet at 100GB. This is the only APP that has these issues. Pretty much every other app gives instantaneous responses with no buffering etc. This is becoming too much trouble to continue using - PLEASE either tell me how to rectify, or YOU rectify and let me know. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

It’s probably the device. Roku 3 is 7 years old and probably can’t run YouTube TV well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is glaringly obvious Roku has a programming issue for their devices.  I don't have the time,  nor should I have to restart my Roku device every 10 minutes after a commercial, most notably Fisher-Price toy commercials, interrupt my viewing.  Roku at this point is just as bad as DirecTV.  When is Roku going to fix this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Anyone else having anyluck removing channel and adding it back. It DID NOT work for us. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had originally posted in this thread last year with the freezing issue on commercials with Roku combined with YouTube TV. When prices went up for YouTube TV recently we switched to Philo and still have the same Roku boxes we have had for years now and there have been NO issues what so ever with this streaming service fast forwarding through commercials. So may depend on the streaming service you have that they need to do some changes as well. 

0 Kudos