Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

Plus no sports and they are one reason I liked them. Car insurance is giving money back, they should too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Oh **bleep**... $64.99 and I'm out as well. Spectrum's streaming app for the Roku works pretty well, and its a steal at 24.99/month. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well my billing cycle is up in a few days so I just canceled YTTV, At least I won't have to worry about the VOD hanging up on commercials!! Spectrum isn't in my area so trying out Philo.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Changing from auto-detect to 1080 seems to have done the trick for me.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The only solution I found is to stop using roku for youtube.   It's a disaster of commercials and freezing ads.  I mean, forget it!   Until roku rolls out an ad blocker,  it's totally useless for youtube.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This worked for me and have had no problems in 2 months. I passed it along to Roku support. The solution is to simply go to Settings in Roku, go to Display Type, and change it from Auto-Detect to 1080 or 720, whatever fits your TV. (Then re-start the device, although I’m not sure this step is necessary.) Now it should properly go back to the On Demand show after the commercials. It was a commenter in Reddit where  this solution was found, although his Roku menu directions were a bit off - at least for my Roku. He theorized that Roku seems to get confused as to the picture resolution of the commercials vs the show and can’t find its way back to the show when it’s in Auto-Detect. Curious if this fixes it for others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This did not work for me.  Still having the problem.  It typically happens at the last "commercial break."  Incredibly annoying!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah, this did not solve anything.  Please fix this!  YouTube TV works on computer/ipad/etc.

0 Kudos