Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Continue to have problems with VOD freezing during ads on my roku express while using YTTV VOD to view HGTV.  To fix must unplug roku device and wait until it reboots. Multiple occurrences during the past week and YTTV customer services had me delete YTTV application and add again. Also,  checked s/w updates which were current.   Do you have any suggestions on what else can be done?

Thanks, Michael B.

device: roku express; device ID: c33943316787

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks.  For what I am not sure...  I have stopped "youtube TV"...  I soon will use the ROKU device ONLY for playing the TABLO device recordings of my antenna input.  I have decided to go back to the "cable" although my antenna still brings in ALL of the local stations.  DGB in Indiana.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

In spring 2019 we paired a Roku Ultra with YouTube TV and constantly encountered the VOD commercial freezing problem described in this thread. Contacted YouTube, they offered no solution. Didn't contact Roku then but should have. Because of this maddening glitch, we abandoned YouTube TV in June for PS Vue, had no problems at all and *loved* PS Vue. It's now Jan 2020, PS Vue shuts down in a few days, so I got a YouTube TV 5-day trial to see if the Roku VOD commercial freezing issue was still happening. It is...nine months later, nothing has changed. It's impossible to enjoy any VOD and most DVR recordings (as YouTube subs VOD for stuff you record). BTW, we've also tried Hulu Live with Roku Ultra -- no problems.  This bug appears to be a Roku - YouTube thing as there were no issues with Roku paired with PS Vue or Hulu Live. Roku: Can you please help?

Highlighted
Level 7

I also are having Frezzes after Ad playback on both of my Roku Ultras especially during playback of VOD watching Discovery...started about 2 weeks  ago..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wow, well thanks for wanting us to do all of Rokus work for them.

I've been an early supporter of Roku , still have the old original boxes , Roku television now and sticks on 3 other TV's in the house .

That said , I'm ready to junk it all over this issue that's totally a Roku problem , not a YouTube problem as it works fine on Amazon tab and an old chrome cast .

No doubt you have a real issue here Roku, FIX IT !! Not let me relay this to the team bla bla , I'm sure y'all are well aware of it o do whatever it is you need to do to remedy the issue !

I pay for the service I can't use on the device I also paid for that won't operate correctly .

Please update on status of a remedy .

Thanks !! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Team: This happens on all Roku devices, on all VOD shows. Sometimes it is random on which commercial set it freezes after, but it does happen. Sometimes exiting and trying again (have to watch more commercials) will resume play and sometimes I have to try multiple times. More often then not, if it does make it past the next commercial set after a restart, it freezes again after the next set. 

Again, all Roku devices are affected.

Highlighted
Level 7

That's exactly my problem.  I have 2 problematic Rokus and two Amazon streamers which work fine in my house.  If Roku doesn't get this fixed soon, its going to be four Amazon streamers.  It's too bad, because I prefer the Roku interface. 

Highlighted
Level 7

This is my issue as well, we are an all Roku family with multiple Roku TV's and Boxes, With PSVUE shutting down we have been trying out YTTV and every recorded show has this issue, but not on any device other than the Roku, it's a shame the support is not there as we love our Roku devices and have been with them for years but now they have become unusable. Please acknowledge the issue, update the community on when the solution will be pushed out.

All Recorded Programs on YTTV-

2 TCL Roku TV's

Roku3, Roku Ultra, Roku4 - All have the same issue, it works perfect on everything else, its only Roku that has the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have the exact same problem everyone else is reporting.  I have a Roku3.   I have attempted rebooting the Roku and still have problems with the commercials playing again and when it is time to resume the show it just hangs on a black screen.  

please fix this roku issue and let all of us know when it is ok to start using this again,   This problem is causing me to continue to pay for cable tv service.  I would much rather watch through the roku.  

a specific show I am stuck on the TLC - Dr. Pimple Popper  S4 E5.   I can not get it to play past the 3rd or 4th commercial break.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

happened to me too. not just on VOD but also on dvr plackback when a youtube ad goes over the local break spot.

0 Kudos