Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

The problems with VOD freezing after ads goes all the way back to Roku OS 9.0. It's been happening since March 2019.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

FYI, I tried this uninstall and reinstall "solution", it seemingly worked. I went to a VOD show, it worked great for 1 whole episode. The next episode it locked up on the first set of commercials. This is not a solution. I get the same results, just restarting the Roku.

Does the community think this is a Roku problem? This issue isn't a problem with any other app, for me at least, on the Roku, just YouTube TV. I have tried Sling, Fubo, Hulu Live, Playstation Vue, .... This is only a YouTube TV problem.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just curious, for those of you that this solution isn’t working for, what devices are you using? Roku Model? Roku TV Brand and Model?

All five of my Roku devices are working now. Roku Ultra (3), Roku TCL TV 2018,2019

I was getting lockup’s constantly on all devices. For the past few weeks, not a single one. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Both of mine are Roku 3. I wonder if people that are saying it works are using VOD or the DVR function?

For me the VOD is what is causing the problem, anything I've "recorded" using their DVR is working great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

VOD is now working for me and has been for a few weeks. DVR, never had issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

YouTube TV works great on my Chromecast, PC, and FireTVs (1st gen and 2nd gen)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

For me, I followed directions specified to remove and add again the app.  I ended up with a newer version of the app and it solved all of the VOD freezes.  I haven't had any problems for the last couple weeks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@DoesntSeemToWor wrote:

For me, I followed directions specified to remove and add again the app.  I ended up with a newer version of the app and it solved all of the VOD freezes.  I haven't had any problems for the last couple weeks

What version Roku do you own?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It happened to me on both DVR & VOD but it was far worse on VOD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

What is your 'updated' version?

My freeze up only happens on VOD, 'DVR' works OK

I have a Roku 2, model 4210X

Software Version 9.2.0   Build 4804-04

I also did the 'delete/reload' app, but solved nothing.

0 Kudos