Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlfinan
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

Still freezing after ads and after following solution. This is getting worse. It happens on ALL of the VOD I have watched, 10 to 20 min in. I have so many shows that are only partially watched. 

0 Kudos
thetick
Level 12

Jump to solution

@pdxster wrote:

Yes, I was going to post the same thing. thetick you really need to read through all the previous posts before expressing your thoughts. Maybe next time?

Point taken... Exactly right I don't have time to read 23 pages of it's broke, fix it with absolutely no details... just lots of "Me too."

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Marmie
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the black frozen screen after ads.  I did exactly what you said and the problem still exists.  

0 Kudos
paulbuck
Level 8

Jump to solution

I think at this point we can all give up hope that Roku/Youtube are ever going to do anything about this issue.

The only thing to do is spread the word, as much as possible, that Roku has ZERO customer service and does not deserve our patronage.  Too late for us, I know, but if anyone ever asks for advice to choose a streaming device, every person you steer away from Roku is a dent in their pocketbook.  I've already told two of my neighbors NOT to buy Roku devices.  Imagine this multiplied by millions!! 

These companies only care about their bottom line, not their customers.  Do everything you can to discourage the buying of Roku devices.  Post negative reviews of Roku everywhere you can.

SquattingHen
Level 9

Jump to solution

This was broken for me on 5 devices, but when the Fix was released, all mine have been working 100% perfectly. Just like many, many others here. YouTube TV updated their app, and it has been working. 

Either:

A. Something else is still broken for a smaller number of users. 

B. Certain Roku devices don’t work well with YouTube TV’s current app version, and may never will. If that’s the case, then YouTube TV could potentially pull the app from certain models. 

C. Users are not attempting the fix properly. 

D. Posters are not being truthful. 

0 Kudos
Sdnoir
Level 8

Jump to solution

1. You're assumptions are wrong, @SquattingHen 

2. This is not a small number of users.

3. This fix did not work.

4. Many of us have tried it.

5. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
SquattingHen
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Sdnoir From my experience, and from what I have read here and elsewhere, we can agree to disagree. 

0 Kudos
Sdnoir
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here is what I just posted to my 500 followers. Please feel free to copy and paste to your own social circles:

Certain #Roku devices do not play well with YouTube TV or VOD. This includes, especially, Roku TVs. Issues have been reported widely over the past eight months or longer, and Roku has failed to address its customers with any meaningful solution. Avoid.

0 Kudos
DJI
Level 9

Jump to solution

After the fix a few months ago VOD and liveTV ads have been functioning correctly with no lockup’s. However, the newer code release has caused issues with LiveTV rewind - when trying to rewind you just get the spinning circle of death and on some channels when trying to change to them you get a message that you have no internet. It may take 8 or 9 tries to change to channel before it finally changes and starts streaming. Just to prove it’s not internet I have another TV in the dining room with a fire stick connected to it on the same channel. It switches to the channels the Roku won’t instantly as it should. 

0 Kudos
pdxster
Level 9

Jump to solution

The "fix" did not work for me at all. For SquattingHen to assume it works for most and the rest of us must be doing something wrong is just plain clucked up.

0 Kudos